Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Question: do they have enough spots for interviews for all the people they invited to interview? For those who didn’t get a slot in the fall, will the same happen in the spring? Or did they send out a lot more invites to interview than they are planning on interviewing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, saratea said:

Question: do they have enough spots for interviews for all the people they invited to interview? For those who didn’t get a slot in the fall, will the same happen in the spring? Or did they send out a lot more invites to interview than they are planning on interviewing...

I think that’s what we (or maybe just me) are all trying to figure out. I’m really not sure. I’ve tried calling to get some clarity, but I didn’t get an answer. Hopefully someone else was able to get in touch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kgphysicianassistant Said "She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again." Thats weird... does make it sound as though even though you were granted an interview, you may not be assigned one?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chris14 said:

@Kgphysicianassistant Said "She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again." Thats weird... does make it sound as though even though you were granted an interview, you may not be assigned one?

With all due respect this is ridiculous. I’ve been in three interview so far and no one has done anything similar. If you decide to offer students an interview, you should have enough slots for those you invited. The lack of communication is concerning to me, I’ll be considering withdrawing my application. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, Kgphysicianassistant said:

So they are choosing their class based on who can respond fast enough for the interview?

seems like it, I am disappointed there was nothing else they could do and that it didn't sound like an interview was guaranteed even though I was offered one..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chris14 said:

@Kgphysicianassistant Said "She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again." Thats weird... does make it sound as though even though you were granted an interview, you may not be assigned one?

That is exactly what I was told on the phone, it seemed like the problem was I just didn't log on quick enough to select and interview and that there is a possibility the same thing will happen again in February. I didn't get any clear answers from whoever I talked to on the phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what the response was when I asked if there would be enough spots for each interview invitation. It’s still unclear to me , I’ll try to call tomorrow.

“Hi Vanessa,

Thank you very much for contacting us. Unfortunately, the fall interview dates are full at this time. However, we would encourage that you continue to check your student portal as there may be cancelations for the two fall interview dates.

As you noted, our spring interview dates will open in your student portal at 10:00 AM EST on Tuesday, November 5th. These interviews are also first-come, first-served and space is still limited. Our best advice is to be in the portal slightly before 10am on Nov 5th, if possible, because seats filled quicker than expected last time.”





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep checking everyday because spots open up a lot more than is expected; especially a week or so before the interview date and people tend to back out. That was our experience at the Worcester campus at least and it’s the same portal I believe. Very frustrating but the dates do open up if you check everyday or every couple days 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I was able to receive an answer to the main question everyone had.


“We invite more students to interview that we have slots for each year. All students invited meet specific admission requirements to be eligible for interview consideration. We do this every year knowing that students will decline/cancel their interview dates as they receive other MPAS admission decisions.

If you are not able to secure an interview date for the spring, then you would be working with the admission staff to secure one of the cancelation spots. The interviews in the spring will be held in January and February, with our last date at the end of February.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, VanessaMarion said:

Okay I was able to receive an answer to the main question everyone had.


“We invite more students to interview that we have slots for each year. All students invited meet specific admission requirements to be eligible for interview consideration. We do this every year knowing that students will decline/cancel their interview dates as they receive other MPAS admission decisions.

If you are not able to secure an interview date for the spring, then you would be working with the admission staff to secure one of the cancelation spots. The interviews in the spring will be held in January and February, with our last date at the end of February.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's garbage though. I'm not going to interview in practically March when another program I got accepted to starts in May. Cutting it too close for comfort. I think Boston would be a super dope place to study, but I am quite turned off to their process - just really makes me wonder what other sketchy stuff they pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SciMed13 said:

That's garbage though. I'm not going to interview in practically March when another program I got accepted to starts in May. Cutting it too close for comfort. I think Boston would be a super dope place to study, but I am quite turned off to their process - just really makes me wonder what other sketchy stuff they pull.

Historically speaking - after the initial first runs of acceptances (this year it will be on December 2nd), those who interview after that date should be accepted, waitlisted, or denied within the next two weeks after that interview date. So if you're waiting to find out whether you should go to the other accepted school (congrats btw!) then you should still get your chance to choose. That is, assuming that other school gives you a large amount of time to decide. MCPHS only gives you (I think) two weeks to decide if you get extended an acceptance offer.

And to also echo what bingpa said above - if you're really that turned off by the process, you're more than welcome to withdraw your application.

Edited by NinjuhhKen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 4:59 PM, KVB0821 said:

Has anyone else but put on a waitlist to interview?

I did. Wonder when we'll hear if we get one or not 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BJT22 said:

I did. Wonder when we'll hear if we get one or not 🙃

is this a waitlist for a November interview spot or a waitlist for the opportunity to interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jc0863 said:

is this a waitlist for a November interview spot or a waitlist for the opportunity to interview?

Mine was a waitlist for an opportunity to interview. Never got an email about it, but I went into the portal and it displayed it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone!

I was just accepted from one of my top choices so I will be giving up my offer to interview at this school. Hopefully it opens up a spot for someone else!

Good Luck! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ARMANDO411468 said:

Hi all!

Has anyone had any luck with any canceled open slots for the interviews in November? 

Nope. I've been checking like crazy but nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Julianna07 said:

Nope. I've been checking like crazy but nothing

Me too! Hopefully there is some movement soon; I really want to interview in November!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ARMANDO411468 said:

Me too! Hopefully there is some movement soon; I really want to interview in November!

The next time that we can actually register for an interview on the 5th, will that be for a december date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received this email: "This email is a reminder that on Tuesday, November 5th at 10:00 AM EST registration for our spring interview dates will open in your student portal. Interviews are first-come, first-served and space is limited. If you log in and see no spaces, then the available dates are full. If you are unable to secure a date, please fill out this form to be placed on the interview waitlist"

It's very strange that they invite people to interview but then don't have enough interview spots to offer. I am very anxious for next Tuesday, now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More