Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, so if we weren’t able to sign up for the interview today, the next time they will post dates is November 5th,correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was offered an interview and wasn't able to schedule one. I really liked this program, but I'm probably going to have to decline my offer now due to an acceptance at another school and the fact that I won't be able to interview until the Spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think so but they also said they were going to send an email so who knows. I wonder how many dates are available in Spring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, says next spots open up Nov 5 at 10 AM.  I logged onto the portal a few minutes before 3pm and was able to select the Nov 6 date and said there were 15 spots left, when I clicked submit...all spots were gone.  Then got an email 40 minutes later saying that registration is open..this isn't the best system for sure.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed them stating that I never received the email and what to do now. The admissions counselor simply responded that the spots are full and i’ll have to wait til Spring, completely disregarding the mistake they made

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kgphysicianassistant said:

I emailed them stating that I never received the email and what to do now. The admissions counselor simply responded that the spots are full and i’ll have to wait til Spring, completely disregarding the mistake they made

Thanks for letting us know. Very disappointing but also telling about how this program is run. Hopefully better experiences with other programs for all of us.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I logged on at 2:58 because I've noticed that they aren't consistent with sending emails. I saw that I could schedule an interview and the option of the 6th or 20th came up. I refreshed just to double check that those were the only options. I quickly registered for the 6th date to not take chances and received a confirmation email for the interview shortly after. I went back to the portal to triple check that there were no other available dates and all the seats were gone. 

I haven't even received the email saying that the interview can be scheduled that was meant to be sent at 3pm... but it could be because I was able to schedule the interview? Not that it matters but it worries me moving forward that emails that are meant to be sent, aren't. 

Edited by rfo1234
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nick17 said:

if you were too slow to do this, do you even deserve a spot? guess we'll find out jc123...

Why wouldn't you deserve a spot? It's not called being too slow...it's called following email instructions. The email said there would be an email at 3pm with portal access at 3pm, which is false information. The email was sent 30 minutes later even though the spots filled up within 3 minutes, which sounds hardly fair.....🙄

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, prepagirl1994 said:

Why wouldn't you deserve a spot? It's not called being too slow...it's called following email instructions. The email said there would be an email at 3pm with portal access at 3pm, which is false information. The email was sent 30 minutes later even though the spots filled up within 3 minutes, which sounds hardly fair.....🙄

Let’s all be real. This has all the fingerprints of a poor program. As much as we all want to be in Boston for future job opportunities this really an eye opener. They put all types of stress on us yet they can’t see their own poor performance. We all have experience with another programs as our metric. This process is beyond comprehension. The messaging is poor. The timing is poor. The honesty of 3 pm is poor. What makes anybody believe that the experience will be any different once attending. They are likely managed by same crew who runs their other program which is ranked at the bottom of the barrel. They are also at top of price range. Other than being in the coveted Longwood area, what possible reason is there to go there.  Time to decline the interview and move on. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PAgirl5 said:

Wow, thanks for this information! As an external applicant, the odds seem unfairly low to get accepted... Do you know how many total seats are open for both internal/external applicants & if this school has the wait list option?

Actually the odds of being an external applicant are just as good, if not better than competing for other programs. The class size is 100 students and my 2nd year class has only about 25-30 internal students. That still leaves 70 spots for externals, which is more than most PA programs! The program also has a waitlist option, and if waitlisted, you have a VERY good shot at being accepted.  As for the person who asked about the cost it is roughly $130k over 3 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NYPA2020 said:

Let’s all be real. This has all the fingerprints of a poor program. As much as we all want to be in Boston for future job opportunities this really an eye opener. They put all types of stress on us yet they can’t see their own poor performance. We all have experience with another programs as our metric. This process is beyond comprehension. The messaging is poor. The timing is poor. The honesty of 3 pm is poor. What makes anybody believe that the experience will be any different once attending. They are likely managed by same crew who runs their other program which is ranked at the bottom of the barrel. They are also at top of price range. Other than being in the coveted Longwood area, what possible reason is there to go there.  Time to decline the interview and move on. 

The programs are run independently of each other. It sounds like they did a poor job with the process this year, but the faculty and clinical coordinators when in the program are actually really great here and I haven't had many complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they offer you an invite but then do not have spots open?  If you did not get a spot, the next time is in the spring?  This makes not sense.  The email did not come till last night when it was suppose to be here at 3.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 3:50 PM, BigPAGuy said:

I was offered an interview and wasn't able to schedule one. I really liked this program, but I'm probably going to have to decline my offer now due to an acceptance at another school and the fact that I won't be able to interview until the Spring. 

I have the same problem, I tried calling them and asking if there was any way I could interview in November and they said that all of their wait lists are full too. The program I was accepted to starts January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Brianna said:

I have the same problem, I tried calling them and asking if there was any way I could interview in November and they said that all of their wait lists are full too. The program I was accepted to starts January

Their wait list is full already ????? I hate to be negative but what’s the point of interviewing in spring , seems like the chances would be slim to none . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Brianna said:

I have the same problem, I tried calling them and asking if there was any way I could interview in November and they said that all of their wait lists are full too. The program I was accepted to starts January

Can you please clarify? Did you mean to say that they have a waitlist for possible interviews? There is absolutely no way that they have applicants who interviewed have been placed on the waitlist already. The first interview was 10/5 and it's 10/7. I'm quite sure they wouldn't have accepted a full class and already have people on a waitlist. 

If you meant to say that they have a list of people that could still be in the running for an interview please be clear. Saying they have a waitlist implies the class is full (which I highly doubt) and that everyone from here on out will be waitlisted. Causes unncessary anxiety and stress for other applicants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Sarahf1234 said:

Received an interview invite for 10/5!

@Sarahf1234 How did this work? Did they send you an email invite and specifically give you 10/5?  Are you an internal or external candidate?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who received an interview and were not able to obtain a time/day, do you mind sharing what your portal says now while you are waiting for more days to open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KVB0821 said:

For those of you who received an interview and were not able to obtain a time/day, do you mind sharing what your portal says now while you are waiting for more days to open?

For me personally, I can still click the “Schedule an interview” link at the very bottom of the home page after the course eval info. When I click, still takes me to the scheduling page but there are no openings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chris14 said:

@Sarahf1234 How did this work? Did they send you an email invite and specifically give you 10/5?  Are you an internal or external candidate?  Thanks!

They emailed me that I was selected to interview for 10/5 and then sent me a link to register for it through the portal! And I’m an external candidate 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rfo1234 said:

Can you please clarify? Did you mean to say that they have a waitlist for possible interviews? There is absolutely no way that they have applicants who interviewed have been placed on the waitlist already. The first interview was 10/5 and it's 10/7. I'm quite sure they wouldn't have accepted a full class and already have people on a waitlist. 

If you meant to say that they have a list of people that could still be in the running for an interview please be clear. Saying they have a waitlist implies the class is full (which I highly doubt) and that everyone from here on out will be waitlisted. Causes unncessary anxiety and stress for other applicants. 

Oh no, I meant that I got offered an interview and went to sign up, but both dates in November were full at 3:30 and they said to try again in February so I called and ask if I could interview in November because I am very interested in their program and I got accepted to a program that begins in January and they said no everything in November is full for interviews and apparently they have a waitlist of people to get an interview in November if people can't attend and the wait lists are also full. She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again. Sorry for the confusion!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brianna said:

Oh no, I meant that I got offered an interview and went to sign up, but both dates in November were full at 3:30 and they said to try again in February so I called and ask if I could interview in November because I am very interested in their program and I got accepted to a program that begins in January and they said no everything in November is full for interviews and apparently they have a waitlist of people to get an interview in November if people can't attend and the wait lists are also full. She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again. Sorry for the confusion!! 

So did she imply that people aren’t guaranteed an interview in the spring either if they aren’t fast enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brianna said:

Oh no, I meant that I got offered an interview and went to sign up, but both dates in November were full at 3:30 and they said to try again in February so I called and ask if I could interview in November because I am very interested in their program and I got accepted to a program that begins in January and they said no everything in November is full for interviews and apparently they have a waitlist of people to get an interview in November if people can't attend and the wait lists are also full. She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again. Sorry for the confusion!! 

So they are choosing their class based on who can respond fast enough for the interview?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kgphysicianassistant said:

So they are choosing their class based on who can respond fast enough for the interview?

I was originally hard pressed to believe that the process was as random and bad as it appeared on this forum so I called to get a thorough explanation.I have now called multiple times and only had the opportunity to speak with a student employee.  Megan Lawler, admissions officer, does not answer her phone or even return messages after 48hours. This speaks volumes!

This might be the most ridiculous institution I have ever come across. Just think, they have a time and luck based admissions policy.  How many highly qualified candidates will never have an opportunity to interview because perhaps they were WORKING at 3pm or whenever the next arbitrary time based opportunity occurs? How many will be accepted to other programs and withdraw? Do you even want to clear the waitlist for an interview. Yes, 1 or 2 people clearing the list is normally a gift to those waiting but what about when a bunch of people clear it.  Isn’t that a message all by itself. To those who are actually accepted, think long and hard about who you classmates will and won’t be.  Is this the program you want to associate yourself with for the rest of your career?  I hope that everybody has other alternatives. I truly hope that given all we have put into this journey that we have better alternatives than this thoughtless process.  I really hope that MCPHS rethinks their approach.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NYPA2020 said:

I was originally hard pressed to believe that the process was as random and bad as it appeared on this forum so I called to get a thorough explanation.I have now called multiple times and only had the opportunity to speak with a student employee.  Megan Lawler, admissions officer, does not answer her phone or even return messages after 48hours. This speaks volumes!

This might be the most ridiculous institution I have ever come across. Just think, they have a time and luck based admissions policy.  How many highly qualified candidates will never have an opportunity to interview because perhaps they were WORKING at 3pm or whenever the next arbitrary time based opportunity occurs? How many will be accepted to other programs and withdraw? Do you even want to clear the waitlist for an interview. Yes, 1 or 2 people clearing the list is normally a gift to those waiting but what about when a bunch of people clear it.  Isn’t that a message all by itself. To those who are actually accepted, think long and hard about who you classmates will and won’t be.  Is this the program you want to associate yourself with for the rest of your career?  I hope that everybody has other alternatives. I truly hope that given all we have put into this journey that we have better alternatives than this thoughtless process.  I really hope that MCPHS rethinks their approach.

 

 

with all do respect, this feels super harsh and although it's an unfortunate situation, bad mouthing an entire institution on the internet probably isn't the best way to go about it. if that's how you feel, withdraw your application from MCPHS and move on, but don't tell others how they should go about choosing a program. it's not that serious. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More