3 hours ago, Nlimo said:

Anyone who interviewed in October heard back yet? I need to know if I renew my lease or not 😛 lol 

I have not heard anything. I reached out to them a month ago and all they told me was that the program operates on rolling admissions so interviewees can hear back right away or until the end of the program's interview cycle. 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, JessPAssingBy said:

I have not heard anything. I reached out to them a month ago and all they told me was that the program operates on rolling admissions so interviewees can hear back right away or until the end of the program's interview cycle. 

Ah, okay. Did you email or call them? This waiting is seriously killing me 😞 

15 minutes ago, agreen21 said:

Has anyone got anything from them? Rejection? Waitlists? This process is killing me 

No! nothing yet. Still waiting. Looking at the old forum I think they will let us know tomorrow (hopefully). It looked like it was a Friday around this time last year when other's found out rather they were waitlisted or not. We are almost there, hang in there!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 2:29 PM, Nlimo said:

I emailed the committee last week and they said we should be hearing from them in the next couple of weeks....

Just got that beautiful rejection letter yesterday afternoon lol so the rest of the accepted/rejected letters should be coming out shortly 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

I am planning to apply to CDU for the 2020-2021 cycle, and I had question about the information that was listed that states:  Please note that CDU accepts semester units. Quarter units must be converted to equal semester units prior to application. This will ensure you are meeting our unit requirement. 

I was wondering if this conversion is something that I need to do physically on CASPA or if it is for our reference so that we can make sure the units are sufficient before applying. I went to a school that uses the quarter system and have already submitted one application after transcript entry. Any guidance helps!! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I had a question about the CDU English requirement. I have emailed them and left a voicemail, but I haven't heard a response. 

At UCSD I completed a 5 course series in Humanities (2 are 6 unit courses, 3 are 4 unit courses) which fulfilled our writing requirement. There is also no formal English department, though there is a Literature department. 

Western University in Pomona, CA accepts Humanities in place of their English requirement, so I'm wondering if CDU has a similar policy. 

Any help or information is appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 12:26 PM, soniahopePA said:

Hello everybody!

I am planning to apply to CDU for the 2020-2021 cycle, and I had question about the information that was listed that states:  Please note that CDU accepts semester units. Quarter units must be converted to equal semester units prior to application. This will ensure you are meeting our unit requirement. 

I was wondering if this conversion is something that I need to do physically on CASPA or if it is for our reference so that we can make sure the units are sufficient before applying. I went to a school that uses the quarter system and have already submitted one application after transcript entry. Any guidance helps!! Thank you!

CASPA automatically converts all quarter units into semester units. 1 quarter unit = 0.667 semester units. CDU will use the units as calculated by CASPA to meet the prerequisite requirements. I think this notice is more for the applicant to be conscientious of the unit requirement when assigning courses to the prerequisite in CASPA. 

On 5/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, PA23477 said:

Does anyone know what the chances of being pulled off the waitlist and accepted are? Considering it's a small class size. 

I don't know what the chances are, but I was just pulled off the waitlist this morning! I reached out to a 2nd year at CDU and he told me one of his classmates was pulled from the waitlist a week before the program started so anything is possible!

2 hours ago, JessPAssingBy said:

I don't know what the chances are, but I was just pulled off the waitlist this morning! I reached out to a 2nd year at CDU and he told me one of his classmates was pulled from the waitlist a week before the program started so anything is possible!

Congratulations! What date did you get offered a spot on the waitlist? I’m hoping I get pulled too