AACC 2019-2020 applicants!

6 hours ago, cotab said:

Congrats to everyone for their interview invites! I was invited today too but I’m wondering if anyone else got a date other than 11/8. My cousin’s wedding falls exactly on this date and I don’t want to miss it!

Me too, I want to interview but can’t go that date either 

Hello! Got a question for you all! What do you think of the Certificate in PA studies from AACC, with a Master's in Health Sciences from UMB? I know overall it is a Master's degree and you sit for the PANCE, but does having a Certificate in PA studies rather than a Master's in PA studies a problem for the future? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 7:47 PM, mizliz said:

Hello! Got a question for you all! What do you think of the Certificate in PA studies from AACC, with a Master's in Health Sciences from UMB? I know overall it is a Master's degree and you sit for the PANCE, but does having a Certificate in PA studies rather than a Master's in PA studies a problem for the future? 

Thanks! 

A very interesting thought and thank you for bringing this to my attention. This does seem unusual as it seems most programs offer a master's degree (MS or MMS) in PA studies.

As for this affecting the future it may just vary depending on the job opportunity. Some employers may want a master's degree in general and some may want a master's degree specifically in PA studies. However, I would think that if you attend an accredited program and pass the PANCE then you should be okay. Also, if you think about the networking you will do in your clinical year then that could help when it comes to finding a job regardless of what your master's degree says. 

Out of curiosity, did everyone apply to multiple universities or JUST to AACC? I only applied to AACC so the stakes are high for me :S 

Also, any tips for the interview? anything to be aware of or things (questions) to look out for? Any input or reply here would be greatly appreciated, especially if you've gone through this process before! Thanks 😄

10 hours ago, AZAKI said:

Out of curiosity, did everyone apply to multiple universities or JUST to AACC? I only applied to AACC so the stakes are high for me :S 

Also, any tips for the interview? anything to be aware of or things (questions) to look out for? Any input or reply here would be greatly appreciated, especially if you've gone through this process before! Thanks 😄

Hi! I applied to 5 programs, but I know there are a lot of people who apply to one program. I was reading previous threads and seems like they do scenario/ethical type questions. Also, on previous threads they said they were sent additional info in the mail before the interview but the email didn't say anything about that this year. So no clue!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 11:03 PM, TyraMarie said:

Hi! I applied to 5 programs, but I know there are a lot of people who apply to one program. I was reading previous threads and seems like they do scenario/ethical type questions. Also, on previous threads they said they were sent additional info in the mail before the interview but the email didn't say anything about that this year. So no clue!

Thank you for your reply! Hopefully it'll go good for all of us!

Hope to see everyone there next Friday 😄😄

On 11/1/2019 at 6:53 PM, dancequeen said:

Hi there! I am so excited to meet you all next week for the interview! Does anyone happen to know what the format will be like?

I'm wondering the same thing. They haven't sent out any email about the format. Idk if we should be emailing/calling them. From last year's applicants' comments, it looks like there is going to be a group interview and a short personal interview 

• Like 1

I just wanted to say that it was great meeting a lot of you! And I truly mean it when I say that I am humbled by how many great people I've met and how amazing everyone's background! I was having an Oprah moment during my group interview, where I was like : you deserve to be a PA,you deserve to be a PA, you deserve to be a PA, EVERYONE deserves to be a PA!

They are going to have a tough time choosing the lucky 40 students because you are all awesome!! ❤️❤️ 

14 minutes ago, AZAKI said:

I just wanted to say that it was great meeting a lot of you! And I truly mean it when I say that I am humbled by how many great people I've met and how amazing everyone's background! I was having an Oprah moment during my group interview, where I was like : you deserve to be a PA,you deserve to be a PA, you deserve to be a PA, EVERYONE deserves to be a PA!

They are going to have a tough time choosing the lucky 40 students because you are all awesome!! ❤️❤️ 

Yes!! It was so exciting meeting a group of people who are just as passionate about becoming a PA!! As nerve wracking as it was, I had a lot of fun. You all are going to make amazing PAs 🤗

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jll112 said:

Did anyone just get a call from AACC? They didn't leave a VM so now I have no idea why they called! Ugh

I would guess that it was a mistake. I received a call too without voicemail. They told us at the interviews that acceptance letters are only sent by snail mail, and not by phone call or email.

18 minutes ago, Conpep said:

Dr. Hendrix said we would receive decision letters around Thanksgiving correct?

Yes. It said in the folder that we got, that we should hear something before Thanksgiving Break. So anytime this week or next I'm assuming.

1 hour ago, agc1210 said:

Anyone else obsessively stalking their mailman/mailbox even though it's still a little early? Please tell me I'm not alone. 🤪

Nope, you are not alone! And I keep on having mini-heart attacks every time I see someone is posting here, thinking it's going to say "I got the letter in the mail today!!" lol . The waiting is a killer!

42 minutes ago, AZAKI said:

Nope, you are not alone! And I keep on having mini-heart attacks every time I see someone is posting here, thinking it's going to say "I got the letter in the mail today!!" lol . The waiting is a killer!

It definitely is! I looked at the last 3 years, and it took 12-14 days from the date of the interview so start getting letters.... so maybe Friday?!? 😅

Edited by agc1210
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, agc1210 said:

It definitely is! I looked at the last 3 years, and it took 12-14 days from the date of the interview so start getting letters.... so maybe Friday?!? 😅

That’s the hope🙏🏻🙏🏻😂