AACC 2019-2020 applicants!

On 7/29/2019 at 8:12 PM, ASH88 said:

I just received the supplemental earlier today (7/29). My application was confirmed on 5/30 so unfortunately I waited about 2 months. Hopefully yours will be coming any day now!

Thank you for the update, so hopefully I'll get mine in about 2 weeks!

Guest AZAKI
27 minutes ago, aclifton said:

Thank you for the update, so hopefully I'll get mine in about 2 weeks!

Ugh more waiting for me! Please do update us when you get it! 🙂

Guest AZAKI
13 hours ago, aclifton said:

I received the e-mail for the supplemental application today!!!!

Yaay!!! That’s awesome! So happy for you!! The wait is finally over until the next ones lol! I’m crossing my fingers to get mine anywhere between this week and the next 2 weeks ! Wish me luck!!

Guest celticsb12

Does anyone know if everyone gets sent the link to the supplemental or only a select few? I received confirmation that my application had been received on 06/10 and still haven't heard back yet 😞 *Trying to stay hopeful!!!

Guest AZAKI
19 hours ago, celticsb12 said:

Does anyone know if everyone gets sent the link to the supplemental or only a select few? I received confirmation that my application had been received on 06/10 and still haven't heard back yet 😞 *Trying to stay hopeful!!!

I feel that not everyone will be getting a supplemental because that’s like a next step towards the interview and final decision. But they should be contacting everyone for either their regret and rejection or  supplemental application. So if you haven’t heard anything yet I’d say that’s good news! Don’t give up hope, it’s a very slow process! Wishing you the best!

Guest celticsb12
18 minutes ago, AZAKI said:

I feel that not everyone will be getting a supplemental because that’s like a next step towards the interview and final decision. But they should be contacting everyone for either their regret and rejection or  supplemental application. So if you haven’t heard anything yet I’d say that’s good news! Don’t give up hope, it’s a very slow process! Wishing you the best!

Yes, that makes sense! Thank you so much for the encouragement! 😊 Good luck to you too! Hoping that we hear good news soon!

can anyone actually confirm the rumor that if you get an email for a supplemental app. then you’ll be getting an interview invite? Because on their website it says that all applicants that fulfill their requirements are sent a supplemental

Edited by dwking85

11 minutes ago, dwking85 said:

can anyone actually confirm the rumor that if you get an email for a supplemental app. then you’ll be getting an interview invite? Because on their website it says that all applicants that fulfill their requirements are sent a supplemental

I would love to know this also!

Guest AZAKI
23 minutes ago, aclifton said:

So, I was reading the forum from the previous year and I read that someone got a supplemental application request but was rejected after the deadline, so.... it appears getting the supplemental request does not guarantee an interview. 

I guess I misunderstood then! When I went to the info session, I asked literally: does getting a supplemental application mean that you’ll get an interview? The answer was yes! Lol sorry for confusing you guys, I am as confused now! 

On 8/7/2019 at 5:55 PM, AZAKI said:

I guess I misunderstood then! When I went to the info session, I asked literally: does getting a supplemental application mean that you’ll get an interview? The answer was yes! Lol sorry for confusing you guys, I am as confused now! 

No worries, this whole process can be a little confusing and overwhelming.

Ugh.. I’m losing hope here 😕 I see that some have gotten the supplemental application that have had their app verified from the program with the same date as mine and I’m hearing crickets 😢 

Anyone or anybody you know of, had had a rejection so far for this cycle? If so, do they state what’s missing in the application or reason for rejection? My bachelors is from another country so I’m worried that something got missing in translation somewhere 😞 (I did get the WES services and CASPA got it all but it makes me wonder). Let me know if you do know anything about this please. Thank you!

11 hours ago, Tanisha said:

Congratssss! I was rooting for you to get one. I know the wait was killing you. But congrats! Hopefully this is the first of good news. 

Awww thank you so much!! Hope everyone will get an interview and we all meet each other there 😄 best of luck 😄

I have a question , if you guys have finished more than one course for the same prerequisite, are you mentioning all of them on the supp form? I have take 3 bio stat courses (one from my bachelors and one from my first masters and another one from my second MS) should I put all 3 or just the most recent? Thank you! Also, how awkward is taking the headshot at home with business on top and pj on the bottom? Is it just me? Lol

2 hours ago, AZAKI said:

I have a question , if you guys have finished more than one course for the same prerequisite, are you mentioning all of them on the supp form? I have take 3 bio stat courses (one from my bachelors and one from my first masters and another one from my second MS) should I put all 3 or just the most recent? Thank you! Also, how awkward is taking the headshot at home with business on top and pj on the bottom? Is it just me? Lol

I would put all of them, if they fit in the box! I had the same situation with chemistry courses so I just listed most of them until the box was full. If you're having trouble with the space, I'd put the ones you feel are most relevant/align most with what AACC requires.

Lol that's too funny. I actually went to Walgreens for my headshot and took a picture of that photo with my phone.

23 hours ago, ASH88 said:

I would put all of them, if they fit in the box! I had the same situation with chemistry courses so I just listed most of them until the box was full. If you're having trouble with the space, I'd put the ones you feel are most relevant/align most with what AACC requires.

Lol that's too funny. I actually went to Walgreens for my headshot and took a picture of that photo with my phone.

Thank you for your input, I’ll probably do the same. Also , that’s a great idea for the photo! 😄