Has the NCCPA become irrelevant...or worse?

Not right now. We are keeping our best work in a members only area but we are trying to decide a way to give a teaser or summary while maintaining some extra value for our members. You know...why buy the milk.... 🙂

I'm working on a position paper but it has to be shorter with fewer cuss words. If the board approves my position paper it will be published far and wide.

here is an excerpt:

We have had some core groups that have been designed to be the pillars of the profession, the NCCPA being one. I could drone on a bit about some past transgressions they have committed but they are only relevant in that they made me aware of the NCCPA’s incredible power over the profession and their ability to do some less-than-good things to the profession without restraint. It really chilled me and I spent some time banging the drum about the issues and I took a breather to let them roll out their pilot program and see how it played out. It has been interesting and a step in the right direction but ultimately falls far short of what the profession needs.

Edited by sas5814

Not right now. We are keeping our best work in a members only area but we are trying to decide a way to give a teaser or summary while maintaining some extra value for our members. You know...why buy the milk.... [emoji846]
I'm working on a position paper but it has to be shorter with fewer cuss words. If the board approves my position paper it will be published far and wide.

here is an excerpt:
We have had some core groups that have been designed to be the pillars of the profession, the NCCPA being one. I could drone on a bit about some past transgressions they have committed but they are only relevant in that they made me aware of the NCCPA’s incredible power over the profession and their ability to do some less-than-good things to the profession without restraint. It really chilled me and I spent some time banging the drum about the issues and I took a breather to let them roll out their pilot program and see how it played out. It has been interesting and a step in the right direction but ultimately falls far short of what the profession needs.

I’m past milk. I’m strictly a Geritol kind of guy.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
23 hours ago, CJAdmission said:

Compared to the ARC-PA, the NCCPA looks like it is completely staffed by benevolent, selfless geniuses

Does the ARC-PA lack democratically elected representatives from the profession as a whole like the NCCPA does?

Don't get me wrong, the NCCPA has definitely been going in a less wrong direction lately, but its board is self-perpetuating hence structurally insular.  They should change that.

• Upvote 1

PAFT has adopted an official policy now regarding elimination of high stakes testing with some wordsmithing from some folks who have a gentler tone than I have.

In the coming days I will be formally communicating this to the NCCPA and will be reaching out to the AAPA for their consideration of the matter.

• Upvote 2