2019-2020 Cycle

Hey Everyone!

I have never started a forum before. Here is my first one. CASPA verified 5-28. Received Suplemental App from UC and Submitted it 5-30. Hoping for good news soon. From last year forums they don’t seem to waste time starting interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! Thanks for taking the initative and starting the forum! Caspa Verified 5-8-19 and received supplemental application on 5-9-19.
Interview Date: June 24&25 Really excited!

Awesome ! Congrats. How long after you submitted the supplemental did you receive word on your app.?
What are your stats ?

Thank you, also It depends on the program so i heard back from this program about 3-4 weeks after i did the supplemental

B.S: Biology

Minor: Chem

Overall GPA:3.5

Science GPA: Depending on the classes it ranges from a 3.1-3.3ish

Healthcare Experience: 9000+ Hours

Certified Nursing Assistant

Leadership Experience 5000+

Resident Adviser

Student Ambassador

+ Some other oddly specific College leadership things

Teaching Experience 1500+

Tutor Biology, English and History to undeserved schools in the area

Applied to 15 schools: University of Evansville, University of Charleston, South University, Wingate University, University of Utah, Southern California University of health sciences, Marquette University, Marybaldwin, carrol university, campbell, ATSU, Rush university, Ohio Dominican University, Jefferson College of health sciences and Charleston Southern University!

Reccommendations

1 Nurse Practitioner

1 Director

1 RN C.C

1 Academic adviser

Shadowing: NP 80+ Working as a CNA, coordinating shadowing with transplant team, i worked around NP's and PA's but most specifically the NP.

Shadowing: PA (outpatient clinic): 15+ hours, would have loved a recommendation from her but she was going through some family issues

Edited by Malik144

Thank you, also It depends on the program so i heard back from this program about 3-4 weeks after i did the supplemental
B.S: Biology
Minor: Chem
Overall GPA:3.5
Science GPA: Depending on the classes it ranges from a 3.1-3.3ish
Healthcare Experience: 9000+ Hours
Certified Nursing Assistant
Leadership Experience 5000+
Resident Adviser
Student Ambassador
+ Some other oddly specific College leadership things
Teaching Experience 1500+
Tutor Biology, English and History to undeserved schools in the area
Applied to 15 schools: University of Evansville, University of Charleston, South University, Wingate University, University of Utah, Southern California University of health sciences, Marquette University, Marybaldwin, carrol university, campbell, ATSU, Rush university, Ohio Dominican University, Jefferson College of health sciences and Charleston Southern University!
Reccommendations
1 Nurse Practitioner
1 Director
1 RN C.C
1 Academic adviser
Shadowing: NP 80+ Working as a CNA, coordinating shadowing with transplant team, i worked around NP's and PA's but most specifically the NP.
Shadowing: PA (outpatient clinic): 15+ hours, would have loved a recommendation from her but she was going through some family issues

I look forward to meeting you. I will be at that interview date as well!

On 6/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, MNEMT said:

Also, this is my first time going to an interview for PA school. How are people preparing for the interview?

On 6/15/2019 at 11:18 AM, Kassandra said:

Hi everyone! I received an invitation to interview. I’m excited to meet everyone and share this new experience. It will be my first interview. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Guys congratulations on your up coming interview!! I am a current student, and my advice for the interview (as lame as this sounds) is just be yourself. They already know that they like you on paper, and now they want to get to meet you as a person. As far as actually preparing for the interview, I would suggest preparing how you would for any other interview (look up most common question and practice answering them). Even if the questions you have practiced aren't asked at your interview it will get you in the right mind set.  Something I did is I looked at each school I interviewed at's mission statements, and from there I picked 2 or 3 examples of how I was a good fit for the school based on their mission statement. This helped me get more in the right mind set at each school.

Edited by paramedic09
  • Like 4

Hey Guys congratulations on your up coming interview!! I am a current student, and my advice for the interview (as lame as this sounds) is just be yourself. They already know that they like you on paper, and now they want to get to meet you as a person. As far as actually preparing for the interview, I would suggest preparing how you would for any other interview (look up most common question and practice answering them). Even if the questions you have practiced aren't asked at your interview it will get you in the right mind set.  Something I did is I looked at each school I interviewed at's mission statements, and from there I picked 2 or 3 examples of how I was a good fit for the school based on their mission statement. This helped me get more in the right mind set at each school.
If you have any questions you can feel free to send me a message. I will try to answer, but am not always on here. Again, Congratulations on your interview.

Hey I have a few questions for you. I do not know how to direct messages someone on the forum. Here is my email jasmineisaac95@gmail.com

23 hours ago, paramedic09 said:

If you have any questions you can feel free to send me a message. I will try to answer, but am not always on here. Again, Congratulations on your interview.

Hi there! Thank you so much for all of the advice. Is it true that after the interview only a couple of people are offered acceptance and the rest aren’t notified until September? 

Hey guys! 

For all of you who will be interviewing in Charleston, one of the first years here has an airbnb available. Its a super cute basement apartment and you would have the chance to talk to him about his experience at UC! The link is down below! 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/35765325?location=Charleston%2C%20WV%2C%20United%20States&source_impression_id=p3_1560866089_nZeJMBTILtff8A86&s=wS7juRDr 

Good luck to everyone interviewing and I look forward to meeting you all! 

Hi friends! I am interviewing July 8-9 as well! I will be arriving in Charleston next Saturday night from Florida and will be staying at the Four Points. Definitely message me if you guys want to meet up and grab lunch/explore the area on Sunday or Monday! Can't wait to meet you guys! This will be my first interview..so nervous!!