Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

11 minutes ago, chrissy88 said:

I just received my acceptance email!! I'm SO excited to be part of this class! As far as housing goes, I noticed new student orientation is the end of June through the first week of July. I'm just confused what to do now because I will be moving from out of state and I'm assuming most leases start the 1st of the month, so it seems like very inconvenient timing. Has anyone else had the same thought or have any idea what they're doing about moving there?

I plan on moving from Texas in May / June, so I can spend a couple of weeks getting adapted to Henderson before school starts.

Congrats on your acceptance!

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 10:06 PM, Pancho95 said:

I was accepted about 2 weeks ago, but neither email had any information. I'll call the school tomorrow and find out!

Did you find anything out? I want to go and I'll be flying in from out of state so I would like to start looking at tickets!

4 hours ago, chrissy88 said:

Did you find anything out? I want to go and I'll be flying in from out of state so I would like to start looking at tickets!

Yeah, they sent out an email after I asked and it basically says that acceptance day is about finding housing and touring the campus with family. I don't know why else this is being held since they have a mandatory orientation at the end of June anyways...

I'm still on the waitlist and have not heard anything back yet. Did anyone get their acceptance or rejection through their spam folder? I'm concerned I may have gotten an email earlier, but my spam automatically deleted it after 30 days. Please let me know, I'm getting very anxious and losing hope. 

On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, Smartbutt said:

I'm still on the waitlist and have not heard anything back yet. Did anyone get their acceptance or rejection through their spam folder? I'm concerned I may have gotten an email earlier, but my spam automatically deleted it after 30 days. Please let me know, I'm getting very anxious and losing hope. 

I was also on the waitlist but got an acceptance email in mid February! You can check with admissions and it's better to check sooner than later since there's a deadline for the deposit. Good luck!

On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, Smartbutt said:

I was on the waitlist, but received an acceptance email in my regular inbox (not spam) February 20th

Hey guys, I'm going to be calling places to set up apartments tours for after acceptance day (most likely on 4/4). If anyone would like to tag along, let me know! I also plan on moving in early June. I'm definitely on the lookout for 1 or 2 roommates 😉 message me here, and we might set up a Facebook messenger group chat

On 2/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, bitonorly said:

were you accepted off the waitlist or from the interview?

From the interview! My acceptance is just contingent on passing biochem. 

1 hour ago, lewismads94 said:

From the interview! My acceptance is just contingent on passing biochem. 

ok cool! i'm waitlisted and in biochem as well!

On 12/27/2019 at 7:34 PM, aap423 said:

I received an email from Touro with information about their MSH program. I was not invited for an interview this cycle, and although I’m waiting on one post-interview response, I was curious if anyone has any information about Touro’s MSH program, and whether it would be worth looking into should I not be accepted anywhere this cycle. They say the MSH program would increase your chances at PA school, any thoughts?

I'm currently in the MHS program and received a spot into the upcoming PA program that's contingent upon me completing the MHS program. If you or anyone else here have any questions regarding the MHS program, feel free to DM me and I'll be happy to answer and hopefully in a timely manner.

Hey all, 

As we know, Acceptance Day has been cancelled. Currently, I'm still planning on going to Vegas and touring apartments that weekend, and I'll be participating in the monthly tour on April 3rd at 1 pm. I would love to meet up with whoever is in the area that weekend and planning to attend TUN.

Has anyone heard anything from the Facebook group? Since acceptance day was cancelled, I don't know of any other way to connect with other students from our class and potentially find roommates, housing, meet one another, etc.... I was planning on having roommates, but was also planning on being able to meet some other students before moving in!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, chrissy88 said:

Has anyone heard anything from the Facebook group? Since acceptance day was cancelled, I don't know of any other way to connect with other students from our class and potentially find roommates, housing, meet one another, etc.... I was planning on having roommates, but was also planning on being able to meet some other students before moving in!

Part of me wants to rebel and create our own FB group for now... I totally agree with you.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:16 AM, chrissy88 said:

I emailed admissions saying pretty much the same thing. They emailed me back today that we should receive an invite to the fb page soon.

3 hours ago, vanerey said:

Have any waitlisted applicants heard back recently?

Nope, haven't heard anything. Does anyone know when the first day of classes are?

On 6/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, jayblume14 said:

Nope, haven't heard anything. Does anyone know when the first day of classes are?

I know some waitlist applicants heard back already. Orientation is Tuesday the 30th and classes start on the 6th.