jenmarie

Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

I received an email from Touro with information about their MSH program. I was not invited for an interview this cycle, and although I’m waiting on one post-interview response, I was curious if anyone has any information about Touro’s MSH program, and whether it would be worth looking into should I not be accepted anywhere this cycle. They say the MSH program would increase your chances at PA school, any thoughts?

3 hours ago, aap423 said:

I received an email from Touro with information about their MSH program. I was not invited for an interview this cycle, and although I’m waiting on one post-interview response, I was curious if anyone has any information about Touro’s MSH program, and whether it would be worth looking into should I not be accepted anywhere this cycle. They say the MSH program would increase your chances at PA school, any thoughts?

I believe that those that attend the program are guaranteed an interview spot after completion of the program.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I interviewed back in September and was placed on the waitlist. Yesterday, I received an email stating the committee decided not to extend an invitation for admission and that my application is now closed. I know the application process is complex/competitive, but I wasn't expecting to get a rejection from the waitlist this early 😞 . Is the class super full? 

I might just be in shock bc TUN was my top choice lol... but has anyone else received a rejection from the waitlist? 

16 hours ago, flowerlifter said:

Hi guys, I interviewed back in September and was placed on the waitlist. Yesterday, I received an email stating the committee decided not to extend an invitation for admission and that my application is now closed. I know the application process is complex/competitive, but I wasn't expecting to get a rejection from the waitlist this early 😞 . Is the class super full? 

I might just be in shock bc TUN was my top choice lol... but has anyone else received a rejection from the waitlist? 

You're not alone. I also got the rejection too after being waitlisted and was shocked as well. 

Edited by anaira18

Does anyone have information on how students at Touro usually get in contact about housing or potential roommate  opportunities? I called the admissions office and they said that housing and apartment venders come to accepted student day in March and students can meet each other then. I didn’t know if there was some kind of page or forum that I did not know about.

• Like 1

In the acceptance email, they said to check our touro email for info. Has anyone gotten anything to their touro email yet? Or know when accepted students day is?

1 hour ago, lewismads94 said:

In the acceptance email, they said to check our touro email for info. Has anyone gotten anything to their touro email yet? Or know when accepted students day is?

I've been checking my touro email often and haven't gotten anything yet. Also it looks like there is an acceptance day scheduled on May 1st on the student events calendar but I haven't been able to find any more info about it.

• Like 1

I’m still on the waitlist and was curious if there has been anyone accepted recently? I’m happy to still be on the list, but worried that I won’t get off it. Especially since I’m not sure if anyone is rejecting a seat or if the class is completely full. 

13 hours ago, Smartbutt said:

I’m still on the waitlist and was curious if there has been anyone accepted recently? I’m happy to still be on the list, but worried that I won’t get off it. Especially since I’m not sure if anyone is rejecting a seat or if the class is completely full. 

Don’t lose hope! I recently got off the waitlist so there is definitely movement! 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:06 PM, Smartbutt said:

Hey im still on the waitlist too! ive considered emailing them asking them if there is any movement because they are my top choice. Has anyone done that?

1 hour ago, bitonorly said:

Hey im still on the waitlist too! ive considered emailing them asking them if there is any movement because they are my top choice. Has anyone done that?

I have not emailed or called, but I have been wanting to reach out as well. I'm hoping that since were both on the waitlist, then we still have a chance to get accepted!

5 hours ago, Smartbutt said:

I have not emailed or called, but I have been wanting to reach out as well. I'm hoping that since were both on the waitlist, then we still have a chance to get accepted!

Same here! I wish the process was a bit more transparent for all of our sakes like other programs that send out periodic emails updating people on their respective spots. Would it in any way hurt to reach out and contact the admissions office?

1 hour ago, Pancho95 said:

Last week I received an offer so there is definitely still movement on the waitlist! I'm so excited to be a part of the TUN PA program!

Congrats! I hope I hear back soon and get an offer! Your post renewed my hope for this process.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:48 AM, Fillipin0 said:

Anyone going to Acceptance Day (April 3, 2020)? Just got an email about it this week. I will be flying in from Texas!

So what's the deal with this? I haven't received any emails about or seen anything in the messages sent to me? Is it a big deal or something not to worry about? Just wondering if I should ask...

Since I can’t find anything on their website, does anyone know if students have to find and set up their own rotation sites or if the school does it for the students? 

On 2/6/2020 at 7:48 AM, Fillipin0 said:

Anyone going to Acceptance Day (April 3, 2020)? Just got an email about it this week. I will be flying in from Texas!

I’ll be there, coming in from California.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, Pancho95 said:

So what's the deal with this? I haven't received any emails about or seen anything in the messages sent to me? Is it a big deal or something not to worry about? Just wondering if I should ask...

Are you waitlisted or have you been accepted already? If you’re accepted I would double check your Touro email along with spam folder. If there’s nothing there you might want to contact the school.

4 hours ago, shiboleth said:

Are you waitlisted or have you been accepted already? If you’re accepted I would double check your Touro email along with spam folder. If there’s nothing there you might want to contact the school.

I was accepted about 2 weeks ago, but neither email had any information. I'll call the school tomorrow and find out!