Touro Nevada 2019/20 Applicants

On 10/27/2019 at 2:34 PM, rgorm110 said:

So, I assume that means that any of us who have not even heard anything will most likely not be receiving an interview if interviews are wrapping up next week?

I called to check in. Interviews are wrapping up soon and anyone who is not heard back is most likely on a faculty hold status. That means you are qualified and being held for consideration. The issue is interviews are almost over, so I assume not too many seats will be up for grabs at that point. Definitely unfortunate! Congrats to all that have interviewed and have been accepted though!

• Like 1

I feel like I haven't seen that many acceptances posted here, especially for a class of 70. Maybe after all the interviews are done, they will accept a bunch of people?

1 hour ago, bwood93 said:

I feel like I haven't seen that many acceptances posted here, especially for a class of 70. Maybe after all the interviews are done, they will accept a bunch of people?

I'm hoping that's the case. Their last interview is supposedly today so fingers crossed! 

1 hour ago, janelle23 said:

I interviewed 10/17 and am still waiting to hear back. Has anyone from that group heard anything yet? 

I interviewed the one before you, on the 10th, and haven't heard anything! I'm starting to get so anxious! 

Anyone from the mid-late October group heard yet? I feel like we should hear back any day now!

Edit as of 11/8, just got my acceptance from the 10/17 interview! It came as an email rather than a call which threw me off but I’m so excited!

• Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, juliagulia07 said:

I also got my acceptance email today! I interviewed on 10/31. I'm so excited, I'm already planning on moving down early since I can transfer through my job down to Las Vegas

On 11/7/2019 at 5:58 PM, a1023 said:

Anyone from the mid-late October group heard yet? I feel like we should hear back any day now!

Edit as of 11/8, just got my acceptance from the 10/17 interview! It came as an email rather than a call which threw me off but I’m so 

See you both at the orientation event in May. 😊 I also received my acceptance email yesterday, super excited to be a part of this cohort of future PAs!

(P.S. I meant the family day, which I think is in May, not the actual orientation. I could be totally off.)

Edited by SaraM57
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 10:37 AM, SaraM57 said:

See you both at the orientation event in May. 😊 I'm from the 10/24 group and also received my acceptance email yesterday, super excited to be a part of this cohort of future PAs!

Got my email Friday as well! Yay can't wait!!

• Like 3

On 11/11/2019 at 2:55 PM, shibboleth said:

I'm not sure if the group admin is monitoring the page very closely, I sent a request to join a few days ago

Is there another FB group? It still says just two members...

On 11/21/2019 at 8:13 AM, lewismads94 said:

Is there another FB group? It still says just two members...

Not that I have seen, my request to join is still pending and no one else has been added. I sent a FB message to the admin as well.

I am giving up my admission seat to attend a different program. This will make space for someone on the waitlist!! Good luck to all of you. It was nice to meet many of you on the interview day 🙂  TUN seems like a great program!

• Like 3

Has anyone been excepted from the wait-list? I haven't seen anything posted recently and I haven't heard anything from Touro since being wait-listed in November. I'm just curious, especially since so many others have optimistically pointed out the class size and how many people they typically pull from the list. 

I was pulled off the waitlist the second week in December and put my deposit down last week. Since then I have reached out to two schools that I was holding seats at to let them know I was not attending. So there are two people out there that will get some great Christmas news. I would remain hopeful @Pancho95

• Like 2

I received an email from Touro with information about their MSH program. I was not invited for an interview this cycle, and although I’m waiting on one post-interview response, I was curious if anyone has any information about Touro’s MSH program, and whether it would be worth looking into should I not be accepted anywhere this cycle. They say the MSH program would increase your chances at PA school, any thoughts?