2019-2020 application cycle

On 12/10/2019 at 10:06 PM, saintintraining said:

I agree and this is the only school I have applied to both years because I live here and can’t move my kids anywhere else. 

I'm in the same boat. I can't apply to other schools. My ex-husband will never agree to move for me to go to school and I'm not giving up my kids of course!! So, I'm stuck as well. Hopefully we get accepted off of the waitlist this time.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Zackc831 said:

Anyone hear anything yet?!

After accepting my spot I received an email that included this note:

The College will be closed for the holidays from the afternoon of 12/23/19 - 1/1/20. Administrative staff return to the office 1/2/20, however faculty availability will be limited from 12/20/19 - 1/7/20.

I suspect those on the waitlist will not be hearing back until next week.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, Tealatte said:

Does anyone know where they send students for clinical rotations? Is there an option to take them near the twin cities?

Not really. A few students have gotten one clinical in the cities of 11. I would only count on it if you have someone willing to be a preceptor for you and even then not everyones’ requests were worked out. The majority of clinical sites are Duluth/Superior, Grand Rapids, and the Brainerd area. You have to keep in mind there are already 3 PA programs in the Twin Cities. CSS has connections with St. Luke’s and Essentia Health. 

Edited by Alliehoop

38 minutes ago, Alliehoop said:

Not really. A few students have gotten one clinical in the cities of 11. I would only count on it if you have someone willing to be a preceptor for you and even then not everyones’ requests were worked out. The majority of clinical sites are Duluth/Superior, Grand Rapids, and the Brainerd area. You have to keep in mind there are already 3 PA programs in the Twin Cities. CSS has connections with St. Luke’s and Essentia Health. 

Thank you for this information. What do students do for housing during rotations?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 12:03 PM, Tealatte said:

Thank you for this information. What do students do for housing during rotations?

The first class passed down a list of options they came up with outside of Duluth/Superior. It was not super helpful, but it included several people who rent out a single room to college students in cities like Grand Rapids and Brainerd. Otherwise people in our class with housing connections have helped each other out. There are a few who have chosen to stay in a hotel or an AirBnB if they are somewhere for only a month. 

Hey guys. Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist? I was going to call admissions but I know that they are not able to give rank or placement on the waitlist. I guess I haven't seen much of anything posted on here about it and was going to see if anyone knew about the class volume or status. Any information would help! Thank you!

• Upvote 1