Sign in to follow this  
emt12

Submit CASPA before GRE

Looking for advice/opinions from people with more knowledge and experience with CASPA. I took the GRE 5/25/19, 2 out of 3 recommendation letters are in. Basically, everything on CASPA is ready except GRE and the 1 letter. Do I go ahead and submit CASPA before I send them my GRE scores? Or wait until after? 

I thinkkkk (guessing here) that you have to wait until your GRE score is in? Depends if the schools you are applying to uses a CASPA code or if the scores need to be sent directly to the school. If its the first, I think you have to wait. I could be wrong though

• Like 1

Depends on the school. You should check with them about GRE requirements. CASPA will process your app without the scores, and add the scores when they receive them, but that doesn't mean the schools themselves are not picky. I know of at least one that requires the scores self-reported on the app or they reject it.

Im taking GRE like a week before application deadline, the school im applying to does require scores to be self-reported. But the admissions school site does mention they dont need official GRE scores until interview date. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Farafish260
      I just had all of my transcripts uploaded by CASPA. And, I’ve approved them, but do I have to match the prerequisites to the programs or will CASPA do that for me if I opt out? Thx 
    • By Finntastic
      Just wondering if anyone knows how long (in general) it takes for a mailed transcript to be sent to and processed by CASPA? I submitted an order through parchment last Friday. The status reads "Delivered", but I've yet to see anything in CASPA.
    • By sjrack
      I have requested letters of recommendation from 3 people (a PA, a previous manager, and a former professor). The professor has told me that he may not get the letter done in time due to his busy schedule. I asked another professor if she could and she has agreed.
      My dilemma is that I know professor 1 will be able to write a much better LOR than professor 2. Let's say that they both end up writing the LORs and get them submitted on time. The schools I am applying to only require 3 LORs. Does anyone know which one would be disregarded? Would it go in the order that I sent the requests out? Or would it go by the order of which the LORs are actually received by CASPA? I wouldn't want professor 2's letter to take the place of professor 1's unless professor 1 were not able to submit the LOR in time.
    • By murphy2020
      I am applying to a school that has an August 1st deadline, so I want to submit my application by July 1st to make sure it has time to clear. I have yet to take the GRE. I called CASPA and they said I am able to submit my application to the school but just insert the date and number of the verification code of the GRE I am signed up for. Has anyone submitted an application and had their GRE score uploaded during the clearing process?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More