2019-2020 Application Cycle

14 minutes ago, SavPA said:

I haven’t heard back either 

12 minutes ago, rjnguyen said:

Have not heard back. Keep checking my spam because I’m afraid I’m missing something 

Okay I literally keep doing the same haha. Pacific is my top choice. Fingers crossed for us!!!! I’m thinking we’re like in a pile in case others cancel invites honestly 

1 minute ago, bk5991 said:

Okay I literally keep doing the same haha. Pacific is my top choice. Fingers crossed for us!!!! I’m thinking we’re like in a pile in case others cancel invites honestly 

I think so, too. Pacific is my top choice as well! Definitely feel like we are going to hear something tomorrow or next week. Just hoping it’s great news!!!!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bk5991 said:

Has anyone not heard back?? Wondering if I should reach out to them 

My friend and I both haven’t heard back either! Like @bk5991 said, I think we’re on an unspoken interview waitlist. Still not getting my hopes up but we shall see!! Crossing my fingers some people get into their top choices and let their spot go hahaha

• Upvote 1

I called them, the woman told me they still have interview spots open and are still considering applicants. She looked at my application profile and told me a decision had not been made yet so I suppose there's a slight chance some of us might still get an invitation. Cutting it close though. PS. Application approved on last possible day of cycle.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, Reuvan said:

I called them, the woman told me they still have interview spots open and are still considering applicants. She looked at my application profile and told me a decision had not been made yet so I suppose there's a slight chance some of us might still get an invitation. Cutting it close though. PS. Application approved on last possible day of cycle.

good to know, thanks for calling. But this wait is seriously killing me hahaha 😥 I'd hate to arrange travel plans last second

• Like 3

@Emileenwood congrats on your acceptance! That is so exciting. I'm eagerly waiting in the "committee hold" group, so it's nice to hear of a little movement in the list 🙂

To everyone interviewing at Pacific this weekend: best of luck to you all! The faculty, students, and staff are all so kind and welcoming...I really can't speak highly enough of this program!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mbartausky11 said:

@Emileenwood congrats on your acceptance! That is so exciting. I'm eagerly waiting in the "committee hold" group, so it's nice to hear of a little movement in the list 🙂

To everyone interviewing at Pacific this weekend: best of luck to you all! The faculty, students, and staff are all so kind and welcoming...I really can't speak highly enough of this program!

I'm really excited for this weekend! I'm looking forward to the interview and exploring the area as well. 

15 hours ago, DanielZebedeo said:

@arminhammer @Britt069 @Tllehann @Jess07 @royalcuckoo

Would any of you want to meet up on Friday night for dinner prior to the interview, or even meet up somewhere close to PU the morning of for coffee? Could be fun!

Hi all!

I’m interviewing on the 23rd as well and would love to meet up for coffee prior on Saturday as I won’t get in till later Friday night. Driving in from WA!

16 hours ago, DanielZebedeo said:

@arminhammer @Britt069 @Tllehann @Jess07 @royalcuckoo

Would any of you want to meet up on Friday night for dinner prior to the interview, or even meet up somewhere close to PU the morning of for coffee? Could be fun!

Yeah! I have an interview at Medex the day before so I’ll be driving down - an early morning meetup could work! There’s a coffee shop at the hospital just a couple of blocks away from the school, and a coffee shop on the first floor of the school, and a Starbucks also but it doesn’t have indoor seating. Unsure of the hours of each. We have to be there at 8? 

I called Leah today to cancel my application. Over the past 4 months of radio silence I have had plenty of time to second-guess my career decisions, make back-up plans, etc. After many hours of soul searching, I have decided to pursue an accelerated BSN instead of PA. It was hard to come to that decision, but it's the right thing for me given my circumstances... and I now feel greatly relieved! I would be happy to discuss the pros and cons of RN/DNP vs PA privately if anyone else feels ambiguous.

In my discussion with Leah, she iterated that "the longer it takes for us to get back to you about an interview, the closer you are to getting an interview". She stated that most of the invitations have gone out, but they are still filling interview spots for Nov. 23rd. Though I cancelled my application before a decision had been made, she said that my application had been processed and was "pretty close" to receiving an interview. That, to me, sounds like they are working from a short list of "maybes" to fill the final interview spots. For reference, my stats were as follows:

BCP GPA: 3.91

Last 45 GPA: 3.94

PCE: ~2200 as a physical therapist assistant

LOR: 2 from academic sources, 1 from a clinical source. None from a PA or MD.

Also, in my opinion, I had a very strong personal statement. But I will never really know!

I wish the best for all of you. If being a PA is really your dream, don't give up. If you still have not received a "no" from Pacific, that is good news! Wait just a few more days and you are sure to get an answer!! Signing off for now.