2019-2020 Application Cycle

Just received an interview offer earlier today for November 9th! I find this odd since I know they already sent out offers for the last interview date.

Timeline for reference: I submitted (and verified) my CASPA app on 7/13/19, Pacific U confirmed this on 8/6/19. I submitted my secondary on 9/5/19 and Pacific U confirmed it on 9/6/19. Interview offer e-mail received on 10/16/19 for 11/9/2019.

Anyone else on that date coming from the Bay Area? 🙂 

• Like 6

Just received an interview offer earlier today for November 9th! I find this odd since I know they already sent out offers for the last interview date.
Timeline for reference: I submitted (and verified) my CASPA app on 7/13/19, Pacific U confirmed this on 8/6/19. I submitted my secondary on 9/5/19 and Pacific U confirmed it on 9/6/19. Interview offer e-mail received on 10/16/19 for 11/9/2019.
Anyone else on that date coming from the Bay Area? [emoji846] 

Thanks for the timeline! Good luck at the interview, still hoping to hear back soon for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, marikorising said:

Anyone else on that date coming from the Bay Area? 🙂 

Do you remember what our supplemental application essay questions were? See you there!

@marikorising @Luna17 @rjnguyen @aubriejones @ccallen5 @LaurenKS

This is not entirely to get your hopes up because I can not 100% definitely confirm this information, but it is information I would like to share to boost the postitivity on this page! Plus you all are such amazing applicants. This is just what I heard during my interview day, but again I can not 100% confirm.

For every interview date, there is a morning and an afternoon interview session depending on how many applicants the admissions committee feels they would like to interview. This information opens up the pool for a lot more applicants to be interviewed each day if necessary.

You also have to keep in mind that though you may think all the invites have been sent out for every day, there are so many applicants who are applying to so many programs and there is a great chance that by the time an interview date rolls around, people have decided to decline attending this interview and have been accepted else where. This will continue to open up spots for other applicants to interview. So you have to be positive! You may not have an invite today, but maybe next week someone drops out and you are next in line. You just never know and can never anticipate how these committees work behind the scenes.

I have no doubt you all will make incredible providers no matter where fate decides you should gain your education!
Best of luck to all of you! Just know, I'm right there with you still in the waiting game.

Edited by MadKat
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

On 10/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, Klillie said:

I got an interview invite today for the November 9 date. So I am assuming that slots open up as people decline/cancel their interview since I wasn't initially sent an invite. So don't give up hope! I was shocked to get the invite since I also thought they were done sending invites!

I will be attending on the 9th as well! I am thinking about coming up a day early to explore!

Has anyone had any luck with changing their interview dates? In the interview invitation email, it says "Other dates may be available upon request". I was hoping to switch my interview to the 9th of Nov. instead of the 27th if a spot were to become available since I have been accepted to a program that starts in January and I would like to receive an admission decision sooner than later. Thanks in advance!

On 10/21/2019 at 7:46 PM, LAJ2121 said:

Has anyone had any luck with changing their interview dates? In the interview invitation email, it says "Other dates may be available upon request". I was hoping to switch my interview to the 9th of Nov. instead of the 27th if a spot were to become available since I have been accepted to a program that starts in January and I would like to receive an admission decision sooner than later. Thanks in advance!

I emailed Leah and she was able to get me in sooner to the Nov. 9th date. I would email her and see if she could put you on a waitlist for a spot on the 9th!