Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hungryhippocampus said:

Does anyone get denied after the interview? Or do people who didn't get accepted automatically get put into the "committee hold" category?

Was placed on committee hold, I'm wondering this same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, that’s amazing! Can y’all share your experiences during the interview, insight on what to expect, and impressions of school? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryanroble said:

Got an interview invite today for November 9th!

 

32 minutes ago, taylormorgan said:

Me too! See you there!

Congrats! And good luck! Hope to get one also! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was placed on committee hold from the Oct 5th interview. So excited for everyone who has been accepted!

First off, to the girl who was in the green group with me who interviewed at CU, ATSU and Pacific in the same week who is from Denver Colorado and is a CNA on a cardiology floor, if you are on here, please message me!

Secondly, here is a little bit about what to expect from interview day. You all go through an overview of the day with Leah Baldwin. Then you get a welcome from the director Dr. Von and meet all of the faculty and interviewers. Then you will be split up into 4 groups. Based on your color group is the order you will interview in (Red, Orange, Green and finally Blue.) The interview is very basic and my interviewers were super nice. I did not feel stressed at all and its was very easy conversation. In the 25 minutes you will be asked most likely be asked up to 6 questions and one critical thinking qestion that I did not believe was too difficult (then again I was placed on committee hold so who knows?) You will be introduced to and play around in the simulation lab, see the cadaver lab, get a small tour of the two buildings (mostly the one PA floor.) There is also a small portion where Dr. Von beats at their accreditation-probation status, so you will have any questions about this answered. I personally am not too worried about it. There is also a small group activity with legos that I personally felt was pointless because there is no one of any importance observing the activity or judging you, I felt like the activity was to buy time. Maybe it was to make you feel more relaxed? Idk. Then you end the day with lunch and a student panel. Overall, I loved the program and the idea that the clinical year is all over the US and international. I also really liked that they had Spanish immersion classes. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they calling with interview notifications or emailing? Can anyone please give me the email address where it comes from? I would like to make sure I don't miss it. Thank you and congrats to everyone so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bryson777 said:

Has anybody received rejections? I applied later towards the deadline but haven’t heard anything yet

I applied to Pacific last year and got my rejection the last week of October or there about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MadKat said:

I was placed on committee hold from the Oct 5th interview. So excited for everyone who has been accepted!

First off, to the girl who was in the green group with me who interviewed at CU, ATSU and Pacific in the same week who is from Denver Colorado and is a CNA on a cardiology floor, if you are on here, please message me!

Secondly, here is a little bit about what to expect from interview day. You all go through an overview of the day with Leah Baldwin. Then you get a welcome from the director Dr. Von and meet all of the faculty and interviewers. Then you will be split up into 4 groups. Based on your color group is the order you will interview in (Red, Orange, Green and finally Blue.) The interview is very basic and my interviewers were super nice. I did not feel stressed at all and its was very easy conversation. In the 25 minutes you will be asked most likely be asked up to 6 questions and one critical thinking qestion that I did not believe was too difficult (then again I was placed on committee hold so who knows?) You will be introduced to and play around in the simulation lab, see the cadaver lab, get a small tour of the two buildings (mostly the one PA floor.) There is also a small portion where Dr. Von beats at their accreditation-probation status, so you will have any questions about this answered. I personally am not too worried about it. There is also a small group activity with legos that I personally felt was pointless because there is no one of any importance observing the activity or judging you, I felt like the activity was to buy time. Maybe it was to make you feel more relaxed? Idk. Then you end the day with lunch and a student panel. Overall, I loved the program and the idea that the clinical year is all over the US and international. I also really liked that they had Spanish immersion classes. 

Wow thank you so much for your insight, (haven’t received an invite but I’m hopeful, PacificU is my top choice). Was your actual interview a 2 on 1? Thank you!!! And congrats for at least being placed on committee hold 🙂 stay positive! There’s still hope!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still hoping and waiting for an interview invite..

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out invites for the November interview dates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, bk5991 said:

Wow thank you so much for your insight, (haven’t received an invite but I’m hopeful, PacificU is my top choice). Was your actual interview a 2 on 1? Thank you!!! And congrats for at least being placed on committee hold 🙂 stay positive! There’s still hope!!

Yes! Still a 2v1 interview.
I interviewed with one man who is a PA-C from Idaho State University who is part of their didactic faculty and another women who is a PA-C from Emory and is part of their clinical faculty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niksee said:

Still hoping and waiting for an interview invite..

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out invites for the November interview dates?

That is the burning question... Since invites have gone out for 3/3 interview dates, are we to assume that the rest of us are getting rejected? I wish I knew more about their review process - whether they send invites as they are working through applications, or if they review all applications first and then send out invites en masse? I feel like if the latter is the case, it would be easy enough to just send out a mass email to the reject-ees so we're not left in the dark. I'm trying to be patient and think positively; it's not a "no" until it's a "no".

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and/or received invites!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LaurenKS said:

That is the burning question... Since invites have gone out for 3/3 interview dates, are we to assume that the rest of us are getting rejected? I wish I knew more about their review process - whether they send invites as they are working through applications, or if they review all applications first and then send out invites en masse? I feel like if the latter is the case, it would be easy enough to just send out a mass email to the reject-ees so we're not left in the dark. I'm trying to be patient and think positively; it's not a "no" until it's a "no".

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and/or received invites!

I applied here last year and found out on 10/29 that I had not been selected for an interview. Based on invites having already gone out for the 3 dates, I'm preparing for the worst at this point. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Reana
      Hi I was wondering if I should include grants such as the Pell Grant or Texas Excellence Grant as a part of achievements in the CASPA application? It is not necessarily a scholarship, I believe it can be included as an award. Has anyone ever done so? 
    • By medunlea
      Hi! Does anyone know of any programs that once required the GRE and are now no longer requiring it this year due to COVID? I wanted to apply to a few more schools but haven’t taken the GRE. Thanks!
    • By illini96
      So I am currently trying to figure out my credits and classes for the applications but I am having a lot of trouble matching courses. My college was a private college that went by trimesters. My classes were 3 credits each and they did not offer general biology. Instead the sequence went Zoology, Cellular Biology, and Botany and they were 3 credits each. So, if a program requires 4 credits of General Biology, does this mean that those three classes will not satisfy the requirement? Will I have to retake the classes somewhere else then? 
    • By zgharbieh
      Hello everyone! I thought I would start a thread for this cycle. Waiting for my transcripts to be received by caspa and then I plan on submitting. 
       
    • By PrePA1208
      I had to retake one class my freshman year, and I really do not want to waste a few sentences in my personal statement to speak about it. Although, I also understand it is best to address it somewhere. Is there another place on CASPA to discuss shortcomings on your application? I do not see a place, but I want to make sure I am not missing something. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More