2019-2020 Application Cycle

I was placed on committee hold from the Oct 5th interview. So excited for everyone who has been accepted!

First off, to the girl who was in the green group with me who interviewed at CU, ATSU and Pacific in the same week who is from Denver Colorado and is a CNA on a cardiology floor, if you are on here, please message me!

Secondly, here is a little bit about what to expect from interview day. You all go through an overview of the day with Leah Baldwin. Then you get a welcome from the director Dr. Von and meet all of the faculty and interviewers. Then you will be split up into 4 groups. Based on your color group is the order you will interview in (Red, Orange, Green and finally Blue.) The interview is very basic and my interviewers were super nice. I did not feel stressed at all and its was very easy conversation. In the 25 minutes you will be asked most likely be asked up to 6 questions and one critical thinking qestion that I did not believe was too difficult (then again I was placed on committee hold so who knows?) You will be introduced to and play around in the simulation lab, see the cadaver lab, get a small tour of the two buildings (mostly the one PA floor.) There is also a small portion where Dr. Von beats at their accreditation-probation status, so you will have any questions about this answered. I personally am not too worried about it. There is also a small group activity with legos that I personally felt was pointless because there is no one of any importance observing the activity or judging you, I felt like the activity was to buy time. Maybe it was to make you feel more relaxed? Idk. Then you end the day with lunch and a student panel. Overall, I loved the program and the idea that the clinical year is all over the US and international. I also really liked that they had Spanish immersion classes. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, MadKat said:

I was placed on committee hold from the Oct 5th interview. So excited for everyone who has been accepted!

First off, to the girl who was in the green group with me who interviewed at CU, ATSU and Pacific in the same week who is from Denver Colorado and is a CNA on a cardiology floor, if you are on here, please message me!

Secondly, here is a little bit about what to expect from interview day. You all go through an overview of the day with Leah Baldwin. Then you get a welcome from the director Dr. Von and meet all of the faculty and interviewers. Then you will be split up into 4 groups. Based on your color group is the order you will interview in (Red, Orange, Green and finally Blue.) The interview is very basic and my interviewers were super nice. I did not feel stressed at all and its was very easy conversation. In the 25 minutes you will be asked most likely be asked up to 6 questions and one critical thinking qestion that I did not believe was too difficult (then again I was placed on committee hold so who knows?) You will be introduced to and play around in the simulation lab, see the cadaver lab, get a small tour of the two buildings (mostly the one PA floor.) There is also a small portion where Dr. Von beats at their accreditation-probation status, so you will have any questions about this answered. I personally am not too worried about it. There is also a small group activity with legos that I personally felt was pointless because there is no one of any importance observing the activity or judging you, I felt like the activity was to buy time. Maybe it was to make you feel more relaxed? Idk. Then you end the day with lunch and a student panel. Overall, I loved the program and the idea that the clinical year is all over the US and international. I also really liked that they had Spanish immersion classes. 

Wow thank you so much for your insight, (haven’t received an invite but I’m hopeful, PacificU is my top choice). Was your actual interview a 2 on 1? Thank you!!! And congrats for at least being placed on committee hold 🙂 stay positive! There’s still hope!!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, bk5991 said:

Wow thank you so much for your insight, (haven’t received an invite but I’m hopeful, PacificU is my top choice). Was your actual interview a 2 on 1? Thank you!!! And congrats for at least being placed on committee hold 🙂 stay positive! There’s still hope!!

Yes! Still a 2v1 interview.
I interviewed with one man who is a PA-C from Idaho State University who is part of their didactic faculty and another women who is a PA-C from Emory and is part of their clinical faculty.

1 hour ago, niksee said:

Still hoping and waiting for an interview invite..

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out invites for the November interview dates?

That is the burning question... Since invites have gone out for 3/3 interview dates, are we to assume that the rest of us are getting rejected? I wish I knew more about their review process - whether they send invites as they are working through applications, or if they review all applications first and then send out invites en masse? I feel like if the latter is the case, it would be easy enough to just send out a mass email to the reject-ees so we're not left in the dark. I'm trying to be patient and think positively; it's not a "no" until it's a "no".

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and/or received invites!

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, LaurenKS said:

That is the burning question... Since invites have gone out for 3/3 interview dates, are we to assume that the rest of us are getting rejected? I wish I knew more about their review process - whether they send invites as they are working through applications, or if they review all applications first and then send out invites en masse? I feel like if the latter is the case, it would be easy enough to just send out a mass email to the reject-ees so we're not left in the dark. I'm trying to be patient and think positively; it's not a "no" until it's a "no".

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and/or received invites!

I applied here last year and found out on 10/29 that I had not been selected for an interview. Based on invites having already gone out for the 3 dates, I'm preparing for the worst at this point. 

• Upvote 1