2019-2020 Application Cycle

Those of us who live in Oregon know the caliber of instruction at Pacific whether it be Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy or Physician Assistant. Practitioners in my area who are graduates of Pacific have excellent reputations and quality of work. I am not concerned in the slightest about the Accreditation-Probation status and, since Pacific is so forthright about the issue, I have greater confidence in the program which seems to have just completed a rigorous evaluation.

• Like 4

On 9/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, JustineBlide13 said:

Does anyone know anything about the writing supplemental required prior to the interview?

On 9/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, MadKat said:

I'm going to do it this week so I can let you know more information then. I check through last cycles feed and there was no inforamtion about it.

Okay so it says on the prompt instructions not to disclose the exact prompt or other information. Hopefully this isn't saying too much but, it's not a question necessarily about "getting to know you." It's not a typical essay question that you would have been anticipating (or at least I wasn't anticipating). You can't really prepare for it. I guess I would just say be good at problem solving.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MadKat said:

Okay so it says on the prompt instructions not to disclose the exact prompt or other information. Hopefully this isn't saying too much but, it's not a question necessarily about "getting to know you." It's not a typical essay question that you would have been anticipating (or at least I wasn't anticipating). You can't really prepare for it. I guess I would just say be good at problem solving. 

Thanks I appreciate you getting back to me! 🙂

12 hours ago, bk5991 said:

To the people who received interviews, congrats! So exciting. Do y’all mind sharing stats? I know they’re super big on gpa but I have a 3.76 and I’d like to think that’s competitive, in my humble opinion lol. Pacific is my top choice I literally check my email constantly for pacific specifically 

While I’ve heard about the importance they place on GPA as well, it is definitely not the only deciding factor because I have a 3.96 science and 3.95 overall GPA and did not receive an interview invite. Best of luck though and hopefully we’ll hear back about a second round of invites soon!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, woodlingj said:

While I’ve heard about the importance they place on GPA as well, it is definitely not the only deciding factor because I have a 3.96 science and 3.95 overall GPA and did not receive an interview invite. Best of luck though and hopefully we’ll hear back about a second round of invites soon!

Hmmm okay! Yessss hoping we hear soon! I feel like next week they’ll start sending out second round 😮

Here are my stats if anyone is interested:

BCP GPA: 3.49
cGPA: 3.69
sGPA: 3.56
Hours as a medical scribe in the ED: 1500
Hours as a CNA: 600
Shadowing hours: 120 with ED PA, ortho surgery MD, ortho clinic MD, and neuro clinic MD/PA
Volunteer hours: 500
LOR's: ED MD, Epidemiology Professor, and previous empolyeer

I interview this weekend so I can keep everyone informed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, TT2041 said:

Is the interview invite from Pacific or do they send it through Caspa?

Also, does anyone know if Pacific requires students to find their own clinical placements?

You should receive the interview invite directly to the email that you listed on CASPA, as Pacific will not contact you through CASPA.

Regarding clinical rotations, I’m pretty sure that it’s an ARC-PA requirement that schools set up and manage your clinical rotations. Some programs (Pacific included) do allow you to contact a clinical site to see if it’s possible to utilize them as a rotation if you desire, but it’s never a requirement.

I hope that’s helpful! 🙂

• Like 1