2019-2020 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, FuturePA55 said:

From being on the bottom half of the interview waitlist to being accepted at the SLC Campus!!! I couldn't be more excited!!! 

That is absolutely amazing. Good job!

Accepted to SLC and excited to meet all of you in the program!

For others- hang in there! The call will be coming, if not from this school then your next choice!

Will hope for the best for the rest of you!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pathgirl20 said:

Someone said they took 8 people off the wait list last year.  I'm not sure if that's accurate though.  Fingers crossed for you!

6 hours ago, PA0698 said:

Waitlisted.  Anyone have an idea of how many people come off the wait list each year? 

I have been accepted to the SLC campus!!! I'm extremely excited to meet you all and I feel I am in a dream!

I was told by Doris that last year they accepted 8 off the wait list during an information session about a month ago.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, Kimber said:

I was offered a spot in St. George as well! Congratulations!!

Me too! I interviewed this Friday! So incredibly happy! Shall we start a group chat and get to know our class?! 😅 

• Like 4

Hello all, 

Congratulations to everyone accepted thus far for class 51! I’m a current student in class 50 at the SLC campus. I’m the current SLC class 50 secretary — When someone takes the initiative of creating a Facebook group For class 51 please DM me so I can request to be added and I will help you all with any questions or concerns. 🙂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tysbrown said:

I have been accepted to the SLC campus!!! I'm extremely excited to meet you all and I feel I am in a dream!

I was told by Doris that last year they accepted 8 off the wait list during an information session about a month ago.

9 hours ago, pathgirl20 said:

Someone said they took 8 people off the wait list last year.  I'm not sure if that's accurate though.  Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed. Congratulations to you and everyone else who got an acceptance! I'm really hoping to be called up. 

3 hours ago, KevPA said:

Hello all, 

Congratulations to everyone accepted thus far for class 51! I’m a current student in class 50 at the SLC campus. I’m the current SLC class 50 secretary — When someone takes the initiative of creating a Facebook group For class 51 please DM me so I can request to be added and I will help you all with any questions or concerns. 🙂

Hey KevPA- 

We met you at the student panel meet on last Thursday!

You guys were all awesome, especially answering all our questions and guiding us likewise. So looking forward to meeting are senior batch next May again!

16 hours ago, SusaPA said:

Accepted to SLC and excited to meet all of you in the program!

For others- hang in there! The call will be coming, if not from this school then your next choice!

Will hope for the best for the rest of you!

Also accepted to SLC yesterday!! Can't believe it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SusaPA said:

Hey KevPA- 

We met you at the student panel meet on last Thursday!

You guys were all awesome, especially answering all our questions and guiding us likewise. So looking forward to meeting are senior batch next May again!

SusaPA,

Glad you enjoyed it! We tried to make it as informative and fun as we could. 🙂 please don’t hesitate to DM me or our UPAP Instagram if you just wanna chat or ask anything!

Hello Everyone! I started a Facebook group for those of us accepted into the Class 51. If you have been accepted and want a forum to discuss all things PA leading up to May please go and asked to be added. I am so excited to talk to other people and congratulations! 

Facebook Group: Utah PA program class 51

6 hours ago, Elsa51 said:

Hello Everyone! I started a Facebook group for those of us accepted into the Class 51. If you have been accepted and want a forum to discuss all things PA leading up to May please go and asked to be added. I am so excited to talk to other people and congratulations! 

Facebook Group: Utah PA program class 51

5 hours ago, pathgirl20 said:

Hey Elsa51!  Thanks for setting it up!  I don't see it on Facebook though. 🤔

I don't see the group either... 

Hey guys,

It should be listed under the Facebook group Utah PA Program Class 51. I’d you don’t see it and feel okay sending me your email. I might be able to send you a link. I will also make sure that it is visible.

Rainey

1D8002A1-DD7E-44C7-AD04-BFF60293FEB8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Elsa51 said:

Hey guys,

It should be listed under the Facebook group Utah PA Program Class 51. I’d you don’t see it and feel okay sending me your email. I might be able to send you a link. I will also make sure that it is visible.

Rainey

yay! sent a request. I was accepted at the St. George campus!

Lili Cardenas

Hello class 50 and earlier....anyone have a pdf copy of the semester schedule with classes and times? I’m trying to schedule day care for my son and it would be helpful to have an idea of what a semester is going to look like! Thank you 😊 

1 hour ago, Farafish260 said:

Hello class 50 and earlier....anyone have a pdf copy of the semester schedule with classes and times? I’m trying to schedule day care for my son and it would be helpful to have an idea of what a semester is going to look like! Thank you 😊 

Unfortunately the schedule is highly variable. This is due to the fact that most classes are taught by visiting physicians and PAs who have complex work schedules. They give you a schedule at the beginning of each semester, but every day is highly variable (you don't have steady times MWF and TTh like undergrad) and anything more than a couple weeks out is subject to some slight changes. For instance this week we have Tuesday and Friday off, next we have classes from 9-3:30 M, 8-5 T, 11-2 W, etc. Each week and day is different. 

22 minutes ago, pizo27 said:

Unfortunately the schedule is highly variable. This is due to the fact that most classes are taught by visiting physicians and PAs who have complex work schedules. They give you a schedule at the beginning of each semester, but every day is highly variable (you don't have steady times MWF and TTh like undergrad) and anything more than a couple weeks out is subject to some slight changes. For instance this week we have Tuesday and Friday off, next we have classes from 9-3:30 M, 8-5 T, 11-2 W, etc. Each week and day is different. 

That’s extremely variable! Thank you so much for your input! 

30 minutes ago, pizo27 said:

Also from your experience would working 20 hours a week be doable? Thx! I know people that worked during the program and those that didn’t...

On 11/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Elsa51 said:

Hey guys,

Rainey

Thank you for this! Just sent my request. My name is Teresa D. 🙂

On 12/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, tdd0609 said:

Thank you for this! Just sent my request. My name is Teresa D. 🙂

Thanks, just sent my request. My name is Sapna Suresh, kindly add me to the group.