2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 11/2/2019 at 4:31 PM, Joyfeliz1 said:

Hey St George UPAP hopefuls, I was thinking we could do dinner at Benja Thai and Sushi, it has pretty delicious food, and it's located in Ancestor Square which is right on St G Blvd and Main St. We can try to do an early dinner around 4:30 pm so we can get good sleep and work on any last minute prepping. If you have more time on your hands you can explore the Dixie Rock which is at the top of Main St. And the shops on Main St are pretty sweet. Snow Canyon is a state park 5 mins outside St G, and Zions is about 30 mins from St G. Let me know who's all going to dinner and I can get us reservations😁

Screenshot_20191102-142015.jpg

I'll be interviewing on the 16th at St. George! Is there room for one more?

13 hours ago, royalcuckoo said:

Hey thank you for coordinating this! 4:30 might be a bit early for me as I was planning on getting in a hike at Zion to ease the nerves a bit, but will check in as this gets closer. The food and opportunity to meet y'all both sound amazing!

You will love Zions for sure! It is gorgeous! Will 5:30 p work?

On 11/2/2019 at 2:31 PM, Joyfeliz1 said:

Hey St George UPAP hopefuls, I was thinking we could do dinner at Benja Thai and Sushi, it has pretty delicious food, and it's located in Ancestor Square which is right on St G Blvd and Main St. We can try to do an early dinner around 4:30 pm so we can get good sleep and work on any last minute prepping. If you have more time on your hands you can explore the Dixie Rock which is at the top of Main St. And the shops on Main St are pretty sweet. Snow Canyon is a state park 5 mins outside St G, and Zions is about 30 mins from St G. Let me know who's all going to dinner and I can get us reservations😁

Screenshot_20191102-142015.jpg

I love Benja’s! I’ll definitely be there, excited to meet everyone. 🙂 

On 11/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, kknn17 said:

Aww, I won't be able to make it since my flight doesn't land until 3:30pm. Have fun without me though! 

Awe same, my flight lands around 1pm and with luggage and rental car I probably won't make it. Anyone staying at the Marriott at University Park that would want to grab dinner?? 

15 hours ago, JK2020 said:

Awe same, my flight lands around 1pm and with luggage and rental car I probably won't make it. Anyone staying at the Marriott at University Park that would want to grab dinner?? 

On 11/2/2019 at 4:22 PM, Thehopefulone said:

K everyone post what time works best for them and we can all meet around that time....the people interested In Meeting before the Interview on the 14th 

11/13,1:30 at Ishtar Grill in Millcreek would probably be cutting it close for me too. I'm not staying at the Marriott, but am staying closer to that area. I could meet up starting anywhere between 2 to 3:30 pm for an afternoon snack or something on 11/13 for the SLC interview. Can't do a dinner, but willing to meetup with anyone who can go a bit earlier! @JK2020 @Thehopefulone

Maybe Pizza Nono?: 925 900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84105?

1 hour ago, ICF2019 said:

11/13,1:30 at Ishtar Grill in Millcreek would probably be cutting it close for me too. I'm not staying at the Marriott, but am staying closer to that area. I could meet up starting anywhere between 2 to 3:30 pm for an afternoon snack or something on 11/13 for the SLC interview. Can't do a dinner, but willing to meetup with anyone who can go a bit earlier! @JK2020 @Thehopefulone

Maybe Pizza Nono?: 925 900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84105?

Not interviewing the 13/14 but the Pie is right off campus and quite good 🙂 Very popular among the students

1320 E 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84102

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation @amandaaa22!

Random question: My main mode of travel during my trip will be Uber and I haven't visited SLC before so I'm unfamiliar with their availability in this city, especially in the morning around 6:30am. Does anyone have any problems with available drivers when planning to uber to the interview in the past?

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, tysbrown said:

I was offered an interview for November 22nd! I saw a few others that posted about the same date. Is anyone interested in meeting up beforehand? Maybe if you are local meeting the weekend prior?

3 hours ago, JoyM said:

I'll be interviewing on 22nd also. I live in the area and can meet up any time.  Anyone else interested?

I have a group chat going on with Group Me for those interviewing the 21st and 22nd! I am interviewing on the 21st. Send me a personal message with your phone numbers and I'll text you  back with the invite 🙂 Also those who will be in the area are welcome to join the chat too for our meet ups

Edited by SDrake

So I’ve been out of school for a while, however I took A&P about two years ago for to go back to PA school. My approach was to purchase the barons anatomy and physiology study guide and complete the book before the interview. I was notified of my interview on the 6th of October for the 14th of November. I focused on the really important topics like the skeletal system, nervous, muscles, endocrine, respiratory etc....I spent about 4-6 hours a day reviewing and I do work full time, and I have kids. I don’t know how detailed the exam will be but I honestly tried my best. Some say it’s easy while others say it’s hard...both are relative to the knowledge of the test taker etc. some chapters such as the reproductive I’m still really shaky in. But I’ll continue to prepare right up to the day before my interview. I hope that helped 

Edited by Farafish260

On 11/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, FuturePA55 said:

I've heard from current students that the test doesn't hold much weight, that apparently they only use it as a tiebreaker if they can't decide between two applicants. 

I would have to agree. It is difficult to compare the test results of someone that was at the top of their class 7 yrs ago vs someone that took it last year with a much poorer grade. Perhaps the latter would have the better test results, but not do as well in PA school. I'm sure the faculty is well aware of this. They probably use it as a benchmark for how far back they should allow prerequisites, or also how they might group study partners or emphasize certain material in class.

For those of us interviewing this Saturday in St George and are wanting to do dinner, I was thinking we could change the time to 6pm as thats the feedback I have recieved so far on the time that works best. Please let me know if you can make it so I can get a head count for reservations by tomorrow evening at the lastest. 

Edited by Joyfeliz1
  • Like 1