2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 10/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, DaveF said:

I am interviewing on November 22nd, in Salt Lake City!

On 10/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, sapnaotr said:

Interviewing on 11/21 at main campus.

PCE-22,000 Hrs,

sGPA= 4.0

cGPA-3.92

PA shadow- 150 hrs

Looking forward to meeting others.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, amandaaa22 said:

For the person who wanted stats for someone who got an interview: GPA 3.78 science GPA 3.88 (nothing below an A after freshman year), a few thousand hours of volunteering and PCE as an MA, EMT, Spanish interpreter, and speech therapy assistant (4,000 or so), Utah resident for 4 years now. Shadowed for 20 hours or so, but worked really closely with PAs. I honestly think the fact that all of my jobs were associated with underserved communities had a large impact on getting the interview. I worked in rural medicine and also heavily with the Latino community in salt lake. 

Also if any of you are out of state and need accomodations for November 21, I don't have much but I do have a couch for you to sleep on, food to eat, a dog to cuddle, and a car! Let me know if you need anything 🙂 this process is already expensive enough before having to pay for a hotel and rental car.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:38 PM, Hayleydk said:

I was invited to interview November 22 at the Salt lake location!

On 10/8/2019 at 4:36 PM, Liliamca said:

I just received an invite for the same day! yay!

On 10/8/2019 at 7:07 PM, baj0411 said:

I received an interview for the 21st. I look forward to meeting others on the 21st!

For those rejected, keep your heads up. I know it’s difficult and it sucks, but just keep plugging away at it. This is my third cycle applying. My first cycle nothing but rejections. My second cycle two interviews and two rejections. This cycle one interview- waitlisted and now this opportunity

My GPA’s are way below average, but you can make up for it in other areas. 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:14 PM, wyoAT said:

Great advice! I am also interviewing that day. Im in my second cycle and this is my second interview for this year. Best of luck!

On 10/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, danizada said:

I got an Interview for Nov 21st!

After 1 waitlist and 11 rejections this was so unexpected. Can’t wait to meet everyone and good luck!

On 10/8/2019 at 10:34 PM, turnitblue1234 said:

Received an interview invite for 11/22 also! Gonna book a flight soon haha so excited!!! 

On 10/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, thelongglass said:

I got an interview for 11/22. Looking forward to meeting everybody! This was my second year applying. Last year my patient care hours were quite a bit below average, but I decided I didn't have much to lose, so I submitted. I didn't get an interview, but afterwards I got a lot of feedback and encouragement from people in the field. My focus was on writing a better statement, getting more patient care hours, and taking a couple classes for other programs' prerequisites.

Sorry for the long quote, I wanted to make sure everyone was included.

Since there are so many here interviewing on the 21st and 22nd, I made a Group Me chat! If you want to meet with our (possible) future classmates around those dates at Salt Lake City, send me a message to join the chat. I would like to keep it semi-private since this forum is public. I look forward to meeting those interviewing alongside me on the 21st! Best of luck to you all! 

Edited by SDrake

On 10/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, Willc said:

I'll see you guys there! My fiancé and I will be driving up from Phoenix.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, biancak said:

I will also be interviewing at the St. George campus on 11/16! I just received notification after being on their interview waitlist 🙂 I’ll be driving up from Vegas the day before, so let me know if any of you would like to meet up and get to know one another before the interview day!

On 10/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, mannneylucero said:

I received an interview on November 16th at the St. George campus! 🙂

On 10/10/2019 at 9:56 AM, royalcuckoo said:

I’ll be there! I’m flying in from Portland on Friday and will probably head up to Zion for a hike. I leave early Sunday morning. 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, Willc said:

I'll see you guys there! My fiancé and I will be driving up from Phoenix.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, briannamello said:

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you guys! 

Hey St George UPAP hopefuls, I was thinking we could do dinner at Benja Thai and Sushi, it has pretty delicious food, and it's located in Ancestor Square which is right on St G Blvd and Main St. We can try to do an early dinner around 4:30 pm so we can get good sleep and work on any last minute prepping. If you have more time on your hands you can explore the Dixie Rock which is at the top of Main St. And the shops on Main St are pretty sweet. Snow Canyon is a state park 5 mins outside St G, and Zions is about 30 mins from St G. Let me know who's all going to dinner and I can get us reservations😁

Screenshot_20191102-142015.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joyfeliz1 said:

Hey St George UPAP hopefuls, I was thinking we could do dinner at Benja Thai and Sushi, it has pretty delicious food, and it's located in Ancestor Square which is right on St G Blvd and Main St. We can try to do an early dinner around 4:30 pm so we can get good sleep and work on any last minute prepping. If you have more time on your hands you can explore the Dixie Rock which is at the top of Main St. And the shops on Main St are pretty sweet. Snow Canyon is a state park 5 mins outside St G, and Zions is about 30 mins from St G. Let me know who's all going to dinner and I can get us reservations😁

Thank you for organizing this! I will be there! Excited to meet all of you 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Joyfeliz1 said:

On 10/29/2019 at 6:07 PM, Bryson777 said:

Interviewing november 16th in st george! anyone else going to be there?

Sorry Bryson777 I thought I tagged you  🤣  let me know if you can come

10 minutes ago, Thehopefulone said:

For those of us interviewing on the 14th on the main campus, let’s do brunch on the 13th. We can meet at Ishtar Grill at 1:30.

heres the the address:

Ishtar

3300 s 725 e 

Millcreek City, UT 84106

Let me know who’s coming 

Aww, I won't be able to make it since my flight doesn't land until 3:30pm. Have fun without me though! 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, Joyfeliz1 said:

Hey thank you for coordinating this! 4:30 might be a bit early for me as I was planning on getting in a hike at Zion to ease the nerves a bit, but will check in as this gets closer. The food and opportunity to meet y'all both sound amazing!