Jump to content

2019-2020 Application Cycle


Recommended Posts

Well I have an interview and to help with some of you who haven't received word back and are anxious about grades, I'm an applicant with below average GPA 3.2 ovr, 3.5 sci, but stellar experience. So keep your heads up.  I have been through rejection and interviews as well this cycle.  Good luck to everyone!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I received an interview for the 21st. I look forward to meeting others on the 21st!

For those rejected, keep your heads up. I know it’s difficult and it sucks, but just keep plugging away at it. This is my third cycle applying. My first cycle nothing but rejections. My second cycle two interviews and two rejections. This cycle one interview- waitlisted and now this opportunity

My GPA’s are way below average, but you can make up for it in other areas. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hlouise32 said:

Alternate. Anyone know what the chances are for actually pulling an interview?

I interviewed last year and there was a girl in my group that was called in the day of interviews. I have no clue what the odds are for that, but I know students can get pulled off the waitlist to interview that have been accepted into the program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baj0411 said:

I received an interview for the 21st. I look forward to meeting others on the 21st!

For those rejected, keep your heads up. I know it’s difficult and it sucks, but just keep plugging away at it. This is my third cycle applying. My first cycle nothing but rejections. My second cycle two interviews and two rejections. This cycle one interview- waitlisted and now this opportunity

My GPA’s are way below average, but you can make up for it in other areas. 

Great advice! I am also interviewing that day. Im in my second cycle and this is my second interview for this year. Best of luck!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got an interview for 11/22. Looking forward to meeting everybody! This was my second year applying. Last year my patient care hours were quite a bit below average, but I decided I didn't have much to lose, so I submitted. I didn't get an interview, but afterwards I got a lot of feedback and encouragement from people in the field. My focus was on writing a better statement, getting more patient care hours, and taking a couple classes for other programs' prerequisites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, alubuntu said:

I got an interview invite for 11/14 at Salt Lake City! Anyone have tips or resources on MMI? 

 

Ditto on the MMI! I had a superficial look at the website, but didn't see anything about MMIs. When Doris said resources can be found online, maybe she meant generally. 

Edited by thelongglass
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

 

Ditto on the MMI! I had a superficial look at the website, but didn't see anything about MMIs. When Doris said resources can be found online, maybe she meant generally. 

The MMI situations are really similar to the CASPER situations. You'll have a little prompt, a couple mins to prepare, and then go into it. One might be dealing with an angry patient, another an unethical coworker, etc. Read their mission statement and vision, they are really passionate about that and likely will have an MMI about treating an underserved population or some other aspect of their vision that they just want you to discuss. Honestly the sit down interviews were really easy last year, and the MMIs a bit stressful. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, pizo27 said:

The MMI situations are really similar to the CASPER situations. You'll have a little prompt, a couple mins to prepare, and then go into it. One might be dealing with an angry patient, another an unethical coworker, etc. Read their mission statement and vision, they are really passionate about that and likely will have an MMI about treating an underserved population or some other aspect of their vision that they just want you to discuss. Honestly the sit down interviews were really easy last year, and the MMIs a bit stressful. 

Did you get in last year? Was the A and P exam difficult? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More