I received an invitation to interview today. As an out of state applicant I'm very excited and grateful!

Does anyone know what to expect for the interview format for this program? Blind interview? Individual interview? Group interview? MMI?

Just looking for as much advice as I can get so that I can start properly preparing. Good luck to everyone!

On 9/23/2019 at 9:18 PM, pajarobobo said:

I received an invitation to interview today. As an out of state applicant I'm very excited and grateful!

Does anyone know what to expect for the interview format for this program? Blind interview? Individual interview? Group interview? MMI?

Just looking for as much advice as I can get so that I can start properly preparing. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations on the interview as well! I believe they will send us more information on the interview format once everyone has confirmed! If I hear anything though, I will let you know! 

I might check the older forums to see if there is any information there too! Good luck!

Congratulations to everyone that received interviews!  How exciting 🙂   I don't think I will receive a interview, since the stipulation of

" Labs must be completed in person" was JUST added to the website.   Obviously not all of us are traditional students that have that option, since living abroad in Korea and having a professional medical career did not allow me face to face setting.   Super excited for you guys!! 

Also as far as I am aware, the interviews are in a group setting 4-5 at a time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 9:13 PM, Jb1616 said:

Interviewing Friday 10/18! Also an out of state applicant. Does anybody want to meet up on 10/17 evening, maybe at Frontier or Brickyard Pizza near UNM? 

I live right there and I have never tried Brickyard Pizza. That being said, Frontier is pretty legit. Either way, I am down. My email is martinezjustin599@gmail.com. Feel free to reach out to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you that were from out of state would you mind sharing your ethnicity?  I believe it may help those not getting interviews or acceptance understand a little more.  Because believe it or not, UNM is known to take those that are diverse over Caucasians, and I have been told that if you come from Gallup/or Native American you basically have an automatic in.  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am.  But there is only 17 in the cohort and doesn't seem there is a really good chance of anyone being selected from it.  My guess is that the waitlist consist of everyone that was interviewed.  I think it's kind of lame they don't give us more details about the waitlist.