UTRGV 2019/2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, pa9701 said:

So does that mean some of the spots for the original PA Class of 2022 are taken by students in the enrichment program as well? Just trying to understand if these are two separate things or if the enrichment students will make up part of the 100 seats that are offered total. And congratulations on your acceptance! 

I'm pretty sure that the students in the Enrichment Program do take up some of the 100 seats. Every PA program has to go through hoops to get accredited and secure a seat allotment. At my interview, I recall Chris Dennett saying that they are approved to accept only 100 students, but more than likely it will be about 92 to 95. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rrr2020 said:

Wow! I didn't even know this was a thing. This is great! Congrats. One of my professors was talking to me about this last month when I ran into her and I wasn't sure what she was talking about but now it makes sense. Congrats again.

Me neither! I'm completely shocked and surprised. Thanks for the support and encouragement! 

3 minutes ago, ThePAdude123 said:

I received an alternate spot a couple weeks ago, and I called to confirm what that meant. Chris said all the spots have been filled, and UTRGV is just pulling applicants off the alternate list as spots become available. Hope that helps y'all and good luck! 

Thank you. 

Yeah, I don't expect this dog and pony show to go on much longer. It seems they've already sent out their acceptances and filled the alternate list. It would be nice if they had also already sent out rejections, but I'm sure they're in no hurry for that. 

7 minutes ago, ThePAdude123 said:

I agree. I doubt they'll send out rejections any time soon

Yeah. I personally think it's rude. Like all of us who have received nothing have had to come to the conclusion of a rejection just based on way everything has evolved ya know? Drawing from information here and there instead of hearing it directly from the program. It shouldn't be that way IMO. 

• Upvote 1

You received the email a couple of weeks ago and you were told all spots have been filled? Then why were they still interviewing a couple of weeks ago? And for the past couple of weeks each day between 2-4 people have been added to the Facebook page for this group. Very unlikely all of these people are alternatives. This entire process is just odd. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Memo123 said:

You received the email a couple of weeks ago and you were told all spots have been filled? Then why were they still interviewing a couple of weeks ago? And for the past couple of weeks each day between 2-4 people have been added to the Facebook page for this group. Very unlikely all of these people are alternatives. This entire process is just odd. 

The last interview was 2/7 which was also the day they sent out a lot of waitlist emails. Honestly, if you haven't been either accepted or waitlisted at this point I think it's more than likely a no for this cycle. Having that said, not everyone on the FB page has for sure accepted their spot in the class; I've seen at least a few admit that they are still interviewing so who knows where they'll end up. 

• Like 1

Is anyone on a waitlist and hasn't heard from them? I'm assuming they will be only be contacting those on a waitlist if any opening comes up? Or interviewed and haven't heard back? If we got a interview but weren't accepted or waitlisted does that mean zero chance for a spot at this point? Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Memo123 said:

Is anyone on a waitlist and hasn't heard from them? I'm assuming they will be only be contacting those on a waitlist if any opening comes up? Or interviewed and haven't heard back? If we got a interview but weren't accepted or waitlisted does that mean zero chance for a spot at this point? Thanks 🙂

They're only pulling from the wait list if spots open up, yes. 

If you interviewed and haven't heard back, it's probably a "no". I'm in this category. I've been anxiously awaiting my rejection email but haven't received that yet either 🙈 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Memo123 said:

I called and someone answered. They basically said they filled all the spots and new application cycle will start in May 😞

I got an answer yesterday and didn't get much info. Told me my contact info was going to be passed onto someone, but that Mr. Dennette is no longer with the program as of 02/28. 😕

I just called. They told me they will be sending letters out within the next few weeks. If we have not received an email about being on the alternative list, it is best to prepare for the next cycle. Hope everyone is doing okay, I know this is rough for all of us that didn't receive an acceptance. We will get there eventually!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...