Jump to content
Curivity

Baylor College of Medicine - 2019/2020 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

Submitted/Verified my CASPA the second week of this month. I wish everyone good luck on their journey towards becoming a practicing physician assistant.

Edited by Curivity
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jbraimah said:

Any news yet?? No confirmation email from them yet 😐

I received a confirmation email from them approximately a week ago, just saying my application is complete and ready for the review process!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From their website:

Does your program participate in rolling admissions?

No. Regardless of the submission date of application, all applications are screened and interview invitations are extended at the same time on a yearly basis.

I believe they start reviewing September 1.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, iamplanetjanet said:

I received a confirmation email from them approximately a week ago, just saying my application is complete and ready for the review process!

So I do have a question. On their website, one of their requirements was a BLS certification? Did any of you have to get a BLS certification?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbraimah said:

So I do have a question. On their website, one of their requirements was a BLS certification? Did any of you have to get a BLS certification?

 

 

Yeah, I renewed my BLS certification a few months ago because I did email them and they said you have to have it any time before enrollment (so I don't know, I guess we don't technically need it unless we are accepted?)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else received a confirmation email? My CASPA was verified June 7th and I have not yet received one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, jbraimah said:

So I do have a question. On their website, one of their requirements was a BLS certification? Did any of you have to get a BLS certification?

 

 

It is a Basic Life Support certification. Make sure it is approved by the American Heart Association. You ca find locations near you on the AHA website that offer the course. It's a couple of hours and basically covers different forms of CPR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a question about the questions Baylor asks on CASPA, specifically this one: "If you at any time interrupted a degree program, prior to completion, for 4 months or more, or if you have ever taken a reduced academic load, state the reasons and describe what you did during the interval." 

I reduced my academic load after receiving my degree to work and gain more experience. Do I have to write about that? I re-took some classes and took a couple prereqs over that year period but never full time because of work. I could have probably taken all the courses in 1 semester instead of scattered throughout the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question - they require a minimum of 4 credit hour microbiology.  The microbiology course I took only had 3 credits but i DID take a lab with the class.  I e-mailed them about this to see if I could still apply, and sent them the syllabus from the course that stated Lecture: 2 credits, Lab 2 credits, 3 total credit hours.  I never heard anything back.  Not sure if I should take this as a no, or re-email them?  I would love to apply to this program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scarder said:

How long did it take for you all to recieve conformation emails after you submitted? 

I got mine the next day after my app was verified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Does anyone know how heavily Baylor weighs the GRE on an application? Their minimum is not that high, but the average for each class surpasses it. Thanks in advance for your input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, LaurenAutry said:

Question - they require a minimum of 4 credit hour microbiology.  The microbiology course I took only had 3 credits but i DID take a lab with the class.  I e-mailed them about this to see if I could still apply, and sent them the syllabus from the course that stated Lecture: 2 credits, Lab 2 credits, 3 total credit hours.  I never heard anything back.  Not sure if I should take this as a no, or re-email them?  I would love to apply to this program. 

I applied last cycle and had some issues with my A&P prerequisites (which were eventually resolved), I would re-email them and say that you are inquiring about a previous email about prerequisite requirements 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who didn’t know they usually send out invites in December and interview in January.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 12:35 AM, SSBeth said:

For anyone who didn’t know they usually send out invites in December and interview in January.. 

What??? really????!! Oh goodness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChanLI said:

What??? really????!! Oh goodness

Yeah that are definitely not rolling. I applied there last year and that’s how the process went 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have people received any sort of confirmation email yet? Like anything saying that CASPA is complete and received by the program? I am debating if I should be emailing them to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swonder said:

Have people received any sort of confirmation email yet? Like anything saying that CASPA is complete and received by the program? I am debating if I should be emailing them to confirm.

I got mine about 10 days after I applied. It says:

Thank you for your interest in our program.  We have received your completed application, official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and payment of the supplemental application fee.  Your application is now complete and will be eligible for the screening process.  Interviews are held in January yearly by invitation only.  You will be notified by email if you are chosen for an interview once the screening process is complete.  Please remember that completion and verification of your CASPA application is not approval of your prerequisite coursework by our program.  Verification and approval of your prerequisites will happen only after an offer of admission is made and accepted.  It is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all prerequisite coursework is complete and meets the requirements outlined on our website, www.bcm.edu/pap.  Failure to do so will result in withdraw of the offer of admission.  If you have questions, you can email paprogram@bcm.edu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

I got mine about 10 days after I applied. It says:

Thank you for your interest in our program.  We have received your completed application, official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and payment of the supplemental application fee.  Your application is now complete and will be eligible for the screening process.  Interviews are held in January yearly by invitation only.  You will be notified by email if you are chosen for an interview once the screening process is complete.  Please remember that completion and verification of your CASPA application is not approval of your prerequisite coursework by our program.  Verification and approval of your prerequisites will happen only after an offer of admission is made and accepted.  It is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all prerequisite coursework is complete and meets the requirements outlined on our website, www.bcm.edu/pap.  Failure to do so will result in withdraw of the offer of admission.  If you have questions, you can email paprogram@bcm.edu.

I got a confirmation email too but that is it 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More