AAPA Salary report interpretation and help with contract

Hi everyone, 

I am seeking advice about how to best interpret and utilize the AAPA salary report, and then seeking input on if I am using that to accurately evaluate the merits of my job offer. 

So, to begin, I am a new grad and will be going into family practice, and I have an offer from a privately owned family practice in a location that I love, with a relatively lower COL than surrounding areas. 

Regarding the AAPA salary report, I had previously assumed that my target for all comparison tables would be at about the 50th percentile. However, I recently finally read the beginning of the report carefully, and in it, the report itself recommends that someone with 0-1 years of experience should aim for the 10th percentile as their target salary (for all comparison tables that do not already take into account years of experience; on those I am aiming for the 50th percentile); the 25th percentile is appropriate for someone with 2-4 years experience, and the 50th percentile should represent the target salary for someone with about 10 years of experience. Is this how everyone else uses the salary report percentiles as well? And also, the data reported in the 2018 salary report is from 2017 so it is already 2 years out of date.... does this influence your interpretation of the numbers?

My offer is as follows:

Base Salary: 90k with annual review

Bonus: 6K 

Hours: 4 days/week, 9-6

Call: Take call for your own panel, but advice only; no additional compensation, everyone takes their own call

CME: $1000, with 1 week PTO for CME

PTO (Vacation & sick): 3 weeks (I need to clarify whether this is truly the equivalent of 21 days; if I am gone Saturday to Saturday - in which my typical schedule is only 4 days in clinic- then did I only use 4 days of PTO? Because if so it sounds like this is really more like 5 weeks of time off?)

Based off the AAPA salary report for all categories that are relevant to me, this salary is right on target (or above it), if I am looking at the 10th percentile  as my target (as the salary report advises I should as a new grad). Per the report, the 50th percentile base salary and bonus for those practicing in primary care for those with 0-1 years of experience (nationally) is exactly 90,000. (The 25th %ile is 85,000 and 75th %ile is 99,000). Base salary for those working in primary care in my state is 87K at the 10th percentile (new grad target, so mine is above it), 92K for 25th %ile (appropriate for 2-4 years experience) and 104K for the 50th %ile. 

Overall, my interpretation of the data is that what they are offering me is very reasonable based on my experience, and this is in my desired specialty and location, and hours are great. I've also heard some people offhandedly comment things such as "everyone should always negotiate their salary!", "Always ask for 10K more so they can counter", etc etc. BUT, were I to ask for more (salary), I don't feel confident that I have the data support it. 

I'd like to ask for some more CME funds, and I still have plenty of things to clarify in the contract. 

But overall, does this seem fair, and am I interpreting the data appropriately?

Thanks for all of your time and input.  

You're overthinking the data.  

It's a good offer for FP for a new grad.

RE: PTO - 3 weeks most likely equates to 120 hrs (i.e 40 hrs/week x 3 weeks), not 21 days.  You should clarify though that that's what you get.  It's low/average.  As long as your CME week is separate it's not bad.