2019-2020 UNE application cycle

On 10/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, Msnell02 said:

Does anyone think that they might still be sending out interview invitations after October?  Also do the place a heavy priority on in-state applicants?

Current first year here.  My PERSONAL opinion based on the demographic of my cohort, is that UNE  is  interested in candidates that want to stay & practice  in Maine.  After all, who wouldn't want to train their own?  That being said, most schools probably feel that way.  Our cohort is largely from the New England area, but there are handful from across the US, including myself.  Interviews are being conducted at least as far out as December, but I don't know beyond that.  Hope that helps!

Edited by lyamagata
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, linaa said:

Excited to meet you guys!

Do you know if the interview style is 1:1, panel or MMI? I saw from previous students that they have a writing prompt but not sure about the actual interview! 

My interview is November 1st as well! This morning I received an email from UNE with additional interview information. It says that the interview is one interview conducted by two interviewers.

4 minutes ago, msc16 said:

My interview is November 1st as well! This morning I received an email from UNE with additional interview information. It says that the interview is one interview conducted by two interviewers.

I also received it this morning! So excited to meet you all. Are you going to the social Thursday?

On 10/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, linaa said:

I also received it this morning! So excited to meet you all. Are you going to the social Thursday?

I'm super excited for this interview as well! Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it to the social. I wish I could though. It does seem like it would be a good opportunity to get to ask the current student questions.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:07 PM, linaa said:

Excited to meet you guys!

Do you know if the interview style is 1:1, panel or MMI? I saw from previous students that they have a writing prompt but not sure about the actual interview! 

Hi there! So you get interviewed by two people at the same time, one is a current faculty member and one is an affiliate! You get asked emotional intelligence questions, then are given 2 roleplay scenarios. For the past two years at least, one has been a patient wants to see the doctor instead of you and asks you what a PA is, and the other is the doctor is about to do something lethal to the patient. At the end, they give you time to tell you anything else about yourself that you weren't able to give in your answers to their questions!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Britt069 said:

When did you submit your application? Congrats!

Thank you! CASPA: 5/29, UNE coursework complete email: 7/9, UNE interview invite: 10/1 

Guest CApplicantT

Does anyone one know if they do rolling interview invites/ review applications in the order they’re received? I applied mid - May and still have not heard back 

Hey everyone, did anyone else get this email?

"Since you have listed that all of your prerequisite coursework is complete, you do not need to do anything at this time. This email is just confirmation for your records that we have reviewed your prerequisite classes."

If so, did you get any emails regarding interviews after this? Thanks! 🙂

Just now, abrooklyn95 said:

Hey everyone, did anyone else get this email?

"Since you have listed that all of your prerequisite coursework is complete, you do not need to do anything at this time. This email is just confirmation for your records that we have reviewed your prerequisite classes."

If so, did you get any emails regarding interviews after this? Thanks! 🙂

Yes. I got this exact email on September 12th and haven’t heard anything since.

1 minute ago, hopefullyapasoon said:

Oh wow I just got this email one week ago. By any chance would you know if they send emails out to applicants who do not receive interviews? Or do they just send out email updates to applicants who receive interviews?

As far as I know, they are updating everyone because we are all still under consideration. They’re still holding interviews I believe.