2019-2020 UNE application cycle

For those of you who have already had interviews, did you attend the social? Do you think it would hurt my chances of acceptance if I did not attend? (I am coming from out of state and not sure if I will be able to make it work). I know that they say it is optional, but I wasn't sure if it really made a difference.

1 hour ago, Hlouise32 said:

Hey friends,

I submitted my app in July and received my "Prerequisites are completed and verified" on September 9th. I was wondering if anyone kind of around the same boat has heard anything for if anyone knows about more interviews. Let me know!

Thanks y'all, best of luck this year!

I’m in the same boat 

8 hours ago, Scarder said:

Hey! I'm going to the social tomorrow night, I know the email says casual wear, but does it really mean casual? Or more business casual? Has anybody that has already been to a social have any advice? 

I’ll be at the social tomorrow night as well! Though I’ve never been to the social before, I’ve read on forums from previous application years that it is UNEs regular, every day dress code that people can’t wear jeans or leggings and that usually people dress business casual to the social. Personally in this scenario, I’d rather be over dressed that underdressed too. Best of luck!

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, msc16 said:

For those of you who have already had interviews, did you attend the social? Do you think it would hurt my chances of acceptance if I did not attend? (I am coming from out of state and not sure if I will be able to make it work). I know that they say it is optional, but I wasn't sure if it really made a difference.

It shouldn’t hurt your chances of getting in; however, it was very helpful to get advice from many of the first years and to get a better idea about the program from the student’s perspective. Since it is not an interview and does not really involve faculty, you should be fine! 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, msc16 said:

Current first year here.  The social is really just for the interview candidates to meet some of the current first years, ask their questions, and get to know a little bit more about the program from the student perspective.  We don't keep track of who comes, faculty are not involved at all and don't know who does or does not attend.  Solely for your benefit.