2019-2020 UNE application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KMLight said:

For those of you that have interviewed last week, what can you recommend ?? Know your stuff on PA's, what specifically??

Because I was surprised on certain questions that they asked, I unfortunately do not want to disclose information that other people that aren’t on the forum won’t know. I feel I have given enough information in regards to the interview. Take “know your stuff about PAs” as much as you think it extends. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, KMLight said:

That is so great! Great to hear that the turn around time is so quick!

I am local to the area and I have a family so UNE is the ONLY school I am applying to. I have an interview on 10/18, and I am SO excited and nervous. I have a family and I am limited to UNE. My kids are 13 and 15 and moving is not an option. 

Someone from another post asked for stats? I have a 3.8 science GPA (BCP) (all in last 18 months) My original bachelors degree  (25 years ago) is a 3.12

I have 300 hours as a phlebotomist, 1000 hours as a MA.

10,000 hours  in healthcare IT at Maine Medical Center. I had 20 shadow hours and 3 recommendations from PA's. I joined MEAPA to network with PA's in Maine as well.  I have 300 volunteer hours in a local detox over the course of 5 years (direct patient care). 

It sounds like you are a stellar applicant! There were several current students who I spoke to who had families kids and I hope you get a chance to talk to them when you’re there! Also one of the faculty is the head of MEAPA, so that’s great too!

5 hours ago, ecwaters said:

It sounds like you are a stellar applicant! There were several current students who I spoke to who had families kids and I hope you get a chance to talk to them when you’re there! Also one of the faculty is the head of MEAPA, so that’s great too!

Good Luck!! If you don't mind me asking when did your Caspa verified? I am a bit nervous!

Interviewed there on 9/13 and received an acceptance call a week later, on 9/20. They said that emails from admissions will be sent out tomorrow (Tuesday) with further details.

Pretty psyched, they look like they have an excellent program and seem to really like paramedics. Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Good luck to everyone who has an upcoming interview!

Edited by ParamedicBlock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 7:18 PM, sshheellbb said:

Hi everyone! I received an interview today for Oct 18th. For those that interviewed, around what time was the interview done at? I am trying to figure out when would be a safe time to catch a flight out.

Best of luck everyone!!

They break you up in groups. Some people got done at like 1030. Some were done, like me at about 1 Pm. Safe to say if you get a flight out at about 3 pm, you should be all swell!

Hi everyone! A couple of us who have already confirmed our acceptance into the program for May 2020 (Class of 2022, woohoo!) would like to keep in touch prior to the start of the program. I submitted my deposit today! If you are attending the UNE program next year, feel free to get in touch: seporter@mmc.org. Thanks so much - I can't wait for our exciting new adventure!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shaliva said:

Just wondering if there will be more interview invites after Oct 18th...

I just received an interview invitation for November 1st!