2019-2020 UNE application cycle

I got an email 2 days ago saying this:
Thank you for your interest in the University of New England's PA program. The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified CASPA application for the entering class of 2020 and has completed a preliminary review.

Your application is being held for additional review at a later date due to a lower overall GPA and/or BCP GPA. As we progress through the cycle you may receive notice of a change in status based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool at that time. Any status change notifications will be sent to the email provided on your CASPA application. Applicants are encouraged to update CASPA with any completed coursework.

I received the same email! If you don’t mind me asking what are your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, vishu210 said:

I received the same email! If you don’t mind me asking what are your stats?

Sure:

cGPA: 3.09

sGPA: 3.11

PCE: over 10,000 hours as a case worker at County Jail, a CNA at children's hospital, a health services counselor at a group home for foster youth, a staff assistant at a psych facility, a sober companion/home health aide, a program assistant for high school students with drug addiction/alcoholism 

Community Service - about 800 hours working with homeless youth, advocating for foster youth and volunteering at a hospital

GRE- 300 and analytical 5.0 

LOR: A PA, an MD, an LCSW, a professor and a supervisor 

Shadowing: 70 hours urgent care PA, 24 hours MD of audiology, 8 hours PA at jail urgent care 

what are your stats? 

Edited by MLPALA

On 8/12/2019 at 3:35 AM, Kes1123 said:

Wow! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a letter like that. I’m still under preliminary review and waiting for this “update” email. If you don’t mind me asking, are you still taking classes that will eventually raise your GPA? As someone who has been out of college and done with classes for over 2 years, it would be really frustrating to receive something like this personally because I don’t plan on taking any more courses if I don’t have to!

I still need to take microbiology, math and medical terminology. I have those 3 courses pending. However, my cGPA is 3.09 and my sGPA is 3.11 so I believe they are referring to my current GPA. I do not think it has anything to do with pending courses. 

Sure:
cGPA: 3.09
sGPA: 3.11
PCE: over 10,000 hours as a case worker at County Jail, a CNA at children's hospital, a health services counselor at a group home for foster youth, a staff assistant at a psych facility, a sober companion/home health aide, a program assistant for high school students with drug addiction/alcoholism 
Community Service - about 800 hours working with homeless youth, advocating for foster youth and volunteering at a hospital
GRE- 300 and analytical 5.0 
LOR: A PA, an MD, an LCSW, a professor and a supervisor 
Shadowing: 70 hours urgent care PA, 24 hours MD of audiology, 8 hours PA at jail urgent care 

what are your stats? 

Gpa: 3.26 sGPA: 3.28 approximately
I had about 3000hrs HCE and volunteering PCE: as MA and CNA 2000hrs
Shadowing about 800-900 hrs PA, MDs
LOR: PA, Md, Np, and prof

On 8/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, KMLight said:

Can I ask you your stats and when you applied and were verified? I still havent got the email that my pre-req were not under review...

For this asking about stats and verification for those who got an invite yesterday:

I was verified on June 17th.

cGPA: 3.9

sGPA: 3.87

PCE ~ 3500 as LNA

Good luck to all of you, I think there is still lots of time!

34 minutes ago, Reeannuh said:

PA shadowing: 72 hours

c&sGPA: 3.48

I also re-took Microbio and Chem I w/ GPA: 3.72

PCE as a nurse aide tech and working in surgical and physical therapy practices: ~ 4500 hrs.

Volunteer hours: 500 + 

This is my second time re-applying, for reference 🙂

When was your application verified?

On 8/12/2019 at 2:11 AM, MLPALA said:

I got an email 2 days ago saying this:

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England's PA program. The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified CASPA application for the entering class of 2020 and has completed a preliminary review.

Your application is being held for additional review at a later date due to a lower overall GPA and/or BCP GPA. As we progress through the cycle you may receive notice of a change in status based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool at that time. Any status change notifications will be sent to the email provided on your CASPA application. Applicants are encouraged to update CASPA with any completed coursework.

When did you apply? I’m waiting to hear much of anything, but feel like I’m going to get that email too. 

Has anyone gotten an interview invitation since the 14th? I am wondering how often they will send out invites. I got the email about coursework being complete on 7/9, but haven’t heard anything since then. 

7 hours ago, mscox said:

Has anyone gotten an interview invitation since the 14th? I am wondering how often they will send out invites. I got the email about coursework being complete on 7/9, but haven’t heard anything since then. 

I received an invite yesterday for the 13th of September, so they are still sending them out.