NikPA

2019-2020 UNE application cycle

Good luck everyone! Has anyone received anything from UNE? I applied on 5/20 and did not hear back.

Yep: submitted 5/25, verified 5/26, received confirmation email from UNE today 5/28 that application received and under preliminary review.

Hi! I submitted on 5/15, was verified on 5/16, and received an email from UNE on 5/20 saying that my application was under review. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Hey everyone! I submitted 5/31 morning, verified 5/31 afternoon and received an email that my application was under review on 5/31 afternoon.  

Hi! I submitted 5/31 and haven't heard anything back. I am a first time applicant and I am still lost with the whole process. Should I call the univeristy? 

Hi everyone!! I am applying to UNE this cycle and am confused by their PA shadowing requirements. I’ve seen that they require 20 hours of PA shadowing in primary care, inpatient or outpatient setting. Would that include shadowing an emergency room PA?  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the website and CASPA are kind of conflicting! Thanks in advance 🙂 

In reply to the post above; 

Shadowing emergency medicine PA should no doubt count towards shadowing experience. EM is considered an outpatient setting. 

Hope that helps you! 

Application submitted 06/14/19

Received "under preliminary review" email today, 06/17/19

Good luck, guys!

• Upvote 1

I received an email saying my application is under review and that they've confirmed that I have the prereqs. completed.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:18 PM, PAorBust21 said:

Anyone hear any news? I think this is rolling admission correct?

I haven't heard anything back from their initial email. Hopefully we hear back by August & yes they are rolling admission.

Received an email today stating that my prerequisite coursework was reviewed. Anybody else received that email?

Has anyone else not heard back about pre reqs?

EDIT - Just received - phew

Edited by Chris14

Submitted yesterday- verified and received email today that my application is under preliminary review. I don’t have pre-reqs complete, 1 outstanding... 

whats after prelim review? 

Received an email yesterday (7/30) that I am under preliminary review! Excited to get this process started 🙂

Hi all, I got a letter saying my application doesn't meet requirements based on unplanned prerequisites or coursework. However, I believe I do have all the prerequisites completed. I have called but not gotten a response 😕 What do you suggest I do?

How long after you’re ‘preliminary review email’ did you receive email that pre requisites have been verified? 

I am taking chemistry this summer and I am planning to take another four credits of chemistry in the fall, I am applying with one prerequisite outstanding, I was told to apply anyway 

They only clarified a semester for which I did not even have any prerequiste coursework (I finished it long before).