2019-2020 UNE application cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! I am applying to UNE this cycle and am confused by their PA shadowing requirements. I’ve seen that they require 20 hours of PA shadowing in primary care, inpatient or outpatient setting. Would that include shadowing an emergency room PA?  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the website and CASPA are kind of conflicting! Thanks in advance 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got an email 2 days ago saying this:

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England's PA program. The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified CASPA application for the entering class of 2020 and has completed a preliminary review.

Your application is being held for additional review at a later date due to a lower overall GPA and/or BCP GPA. As we progress through the cycle you may receive notice of a change in status based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool at that time. Any status change notifications will be sent to the email provided on your CASPA application. Applicants are encouraged to update CASPA with any completed coursework.

4 hours ago, MLPALA said:

I got an email 2 days ago saying this:

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England's PA program. The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified CASPA application for the entering class of 2020 and has completed a preliminary review.

Your application is being held for additional review at a later date due to a lower overall GPA and/or BCP GPA. As we progress through the cycle you may receive notice of a change in status based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool at that time. Any status change notifications will be sent to the email provided on your CASPA application. Applicants are encouraged to update CASPA with any completed coursework.

Wow! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a letter like that. I’m still under preliminary review and waiting for this “update” email. If you don’t mind me asking, are you still taking classes that will eventually raise your GPA? As someone who has been out of college and done with classes for over 2 years, it would be really frustrating to receive something like this personally because I don’t plan on taking any more courses if I don’t have to!