Berenice

New Mexico-University of Saint Francis Application Cycle 2019-2020

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I submitted my application 05/25 and it got verified later that day.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I am a current student at USF and just wanted to wish you all good luck! If anyone has any questions about our program you can post them here and I will try my best to answer them for you!

Edited by PAStudent2021

12 hours ago, PhamH said:

@PAStudent2021 Hello! Do you know what the program's acceptance rate is for out of state student? 

We have 35 in our class and I believe 12 were NM residents at the time of application. 

On 5/27/2019 at 12:31 AM, PA2B83 said:

Berenice,

Did you also Apply to UNM?

No, it's the Univ. of St. Francis of Joliet, Illinois, but it's located in New Mexico.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:24 PM, alimurray said:

Just received an interview invitation for July 12th!! Good luck everyone! 

Congrats! How long did it take you to hear back? 

On 5/30/2019 at 8:32 AM, PAStudent2021 said:

Hi there,

I am a current student at USF and just wanted to wish you all good luck! If anyone has any questions about our program you can post them here and I will try my best to answer them for you!

I have heard that in the past St. Francis has had problems placing students into rotations. Do you feel like this is something to worry about? Also is it true that the next cohort will be doubling in size?

Interview: July 26

On 6/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, Berenice said:

Congrats! How long did it take you to hear back? 

I submitted 5/19 and got an interview invitation on 5/29!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 11:11 AM, 75bulldog said:

I have heard that in the past St. Francis has had problems placing students into rotations. Do you feel like this is something to worry about? Also is it true that the next cohort will be doubling in size?

Interview: July 26

Hi! I honestly can’t answer a whole lot of questions about rotations, unfortunately. I’m sorry! I am a first-year student and still in the didactic portion, and we don’t actually meet with our rotation advisor until December to talk about placements! What I do know is this - just like many schools, it can be a stressful process. Some people get exactly what they want, and some people aren’t as happy. They try their best to work with you, though! My buddy in the class above me has a kid, and our advisor placed her in Albuquerque for every rotation so she could still be home. They also allow you to set up your own rotations with preceptors you know from home or from previous jobs if you can manage to do that. You are never NOT placed somewhere if that was your question, too. Regarding your question about the class size, I haven’t heard anything about that! That would really surprise me if they did. 

Edited by PAStudent2021

On 6/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, alimurray said:

I submitted 5/19 and got an interview invitation on 5/29!

I am an applicant from Texas and just received my invitation for an interview on July 26th!

• Like 1