MDC PA, what's the final diploma granted when graduating from this program?

I was reading about the accreditation and, in case I'm admitted, the website says that I should pursue an A.S. in Health Science. However, I already earned an A.A. and I'm currently pursuing 2 Bachelor degrees at FIU (expected graduation Spring/2020). So I would like to know if the 27 months of the PA Program only grant a B.S. in Health Science with a concentration in PAS? I thought the end goal was a Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies granted by an out-of-state University that has an agreement with MDC? I just want to understand the timeline track and which institution will grant the final certification.

In the case, the final certification for the PA program is a B.S. in Health Science, will this be enough to take the PANCE Exam in order to get certified as a PA?

I know the deadline is November, 15th so I'll be submitting my application this September. Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

If I’m not mistaken, it’s a masters degree from Nova. It’s on the MDC website. You can absolutely take the pance after graduating from the PA program from MDC. They come up on CASPA even though they have a separate application process. Do your research and you’ll see it’s a great program. Good luck! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

You will have 2 degrees when graduating from the MDC PA program. You will has a AS and a BAS in Health Science with a concentration in PA studies. MDC is ARC-PA accredited, so after you finish the program you are bale to sit for the PANCE. As for the master's degree, you can get it thru the contract they have with NOVA and it is also in health science.

• Like 3