Jump to content
Berenice

Stephens College- Application Cycle 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PAStudent8152 said:

Did you get verified yet?

 

My CASPA app was submitted to a different program on 05/22 around 8pm and verified on 05/23 around 8am. 

So when I submitted to Stephens on 05/23, my app was already verified (and as I just checked on CASPA, it says verified on application status).

Hope that answers your question. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have attended Stephens PA program and here is my advice: do yourself a favor and if you get accepted to another school, pick that one over Stephens. They have had an unprecedented amount of faculty quit from just having initiated in 2016. They just have a lot to figure out still on how to teach students and run a program. Their uncertainty, inexperience, and inconsistent methods bleed over to cause unneeded stress and restriction to the students already overwhelmed with natural stressors of becoming a graduate. It may be a pleasant program to attend years from now, but presently, you'll be happier attending another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, jusasking said:

I have attended Stephens PA program and here is my advice: do yourself a favor and if you get accepted to another school, pick that one over Stephens. They have had an unprecedented amount of faculty quit from just having initiated in 2016. They just have a lot to figure out still on how to teach students and run a program. Their uncertainty, inexperience, and inconsistent methods bleed over to cause unneeded stress and restriction to the students already overwhelmed with natural stressors of becoming a graduate. It may be a pleasant program to attend years from now, but presently, you'll be happier attending another.

Thanks for the heads up! How did the students do with taking PANCE then? Did most of them pass? What do you think was the reason for the faculty turnover? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a current student of this program, I very much disagree with saying to attend a different program. Everyone has their opinion and I feel like this is a great program. I did interview, and was accepted to multiple programs, and this program really stood out to me. All new and established programs have problems and issues to iron out. There is generally quite a bit of faculty turn over in academics as a whole, due to life changes and the pay cut for becoming a faculty member. Starting a new program is HARD and takes time.  Even though there has been some faculty that have left the program we have NEVER been short of faculty. Try not to let the opinion of some people affect your opinion of the school. We are very lucky to have faculty that genuinely cares about each student and tries their hardest to give us the best possible education.

The first class had a 100% PANCE pass rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, abcd1 said:

As a current student of this program, I very much disagree with saying to attend a different program. Everyone has their opinion and I feel like this is a great program. I did interview, and was accepted to multiple programs, and this program really stood out to me. All new and established programs have problems and issues to iron out. There is generally quite a bit of faculty turn over in academics as a whole, due to life changes and the pay cut for becoming a faculty member. Starting a new program is HARD and takes time.  Even though there has been some faculty that have left the program we have NEVER been short of faculty. Try not to let the opinion of some people affect your opinion of the school. We are very lucky to have faculty that genuinely cares about each student and tries their hardest to give us the best possible education.

The first class had a 100% PANCE pass rate.

If you don’t mind asking, what led you to choose Stephens over other programs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the only one that I was accepted into. At the time, I believed it was just important to get in to any school, get the degree and take the boards and be on my way. I partly wished I would've taken more care and time into the decision, became a more attractive applicant,  for the reasons I've shared above.

I respect the opinion of the abcd1, true all will have differing opinions. We see what we want to see. But I whole-heartedly will have to disagree that the program "(has) NEVER been short of faculty." Based off of facts alone, there has always been about 1-2 offices always empty in the facility, always 1-2 positions left vacant that they can't fill and having gone through the program there is obvious signs that each faculty member works outside of their job description when their efforts could be focused on what they are paid to do. This results in them doing their job only half as good despite their best efforts.

Edited by jusasking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get the letter Stephen's college was supposed to mail us about our interview itinerary? I have yet to receive mine and I confirmed my mailing address on CASPA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MisterP said:

Did anyone get the letter Stephen's college was supposed to mail us about our interview itinerary? I have yet to receive mine and I confirmed my mailing address on CASPA.

I haven't received mine yet either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can any current students give insight to the interview?  I know you interview with 3 faculty members, but what type of questions do they focus on?  Any tips and insight would be greatly appreciated!  Feel free to DM me! Interview is this Friday. 

Thanks!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 12:38 PM, Galganskimm said:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit?

I submitted May 30th, but was a reapplicant so my stuff was verified within the next day or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an offer today as well 🙂 I'm a little nervous about the cost, but other than that it seems to be a really amazing program and I'm very excited!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if they are having more interviews because I haven't heard yet whether I have been denied an opportunity. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More