17 minutes ago, PArtnerincrime said:

Received an interview invite today for an interview on September 13th, Next Friday. I am not an in-state applicant. 

Congrats! When did you apply/get verified?

Received an interview for Sept. 13th by email as well! All of my application materials were verified in mid-June.

12 hours ago, Lorin said:

Does anyone know when we can plan to hear a decision after we interview?

Apparently, according to last year they found out as early as the same day, but i believe September 13th is the 2nd interview group and i haven't seen or heard anything from the first. So things may have changed since last year!

It is MMI, but the faculty are understanding. They don't make it awkward. I had to think during mine on 9/6. Overall, the process was very well conducted, challenging but fun. I was accepted on the Monday following the Friday interview. 

Edited by nichd16

3 hours ago, futurepa2020letsgo said:

Will you be attending?! Does anyone know if JMU is done with interviews?!

Yes! Excited to meet and grow with everyone! I was an out of state applicant I believe they are hosting 3 more rounds of interviews I think. 

Question for those who were waitlisted, did you guys have to accept the waitlist position online or did you just email Ashley Skelly that you would accept? If you just emailed, did you guys get a confirmation response?

On 9/27/2019 at 3:08 AM, Malik144 said:

Question for those who were waitlisted, did you guys have to accept the waitlist position online or did you just email Ashley Skelly that you would accept? If you just emailed, did you guys get a confirmation response?

Yes. Email her back and accept the waitlist position. I did not get a confirmation response.

I got an email yesterday saying that they had finished the fall interviews for the year but they are having one more in the late spring. They asked if I wanted to remain in the pool for the last round interviews but I've accepted a seat in a another program. So good luck to those staying in the race and congrats to those accepted. 

3 hours ago, McMushroom said:

I got an email yesterday saying that they had finished the fall interviews for the year but they are having one more in the late spring. They asked if I wanted to remain in the pool for the last round interviews but I've accepted a seat in a another program. So good luck to those staying in the race and congrats to those accepted. 

I got the same email early this morning as well. I've accepted another program that begins in May, so I will not remain in the pool. Good luck to everyone else!

How were people notified of their status after the interview? I had my interview on 11/1, and they said we will hear back by Monday. I’m not sure if I should expecting an email or check the supplemental app portal. Thanks!

On 11/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, studentek16 said:

anyone know of an admitted students group?

I would love to be in one if there is! We could start a facebook group or something if one hasn’t been made. 

• Like 2

Got an email earlier this morning that I was accepted!! Interviewed on 11/1.

For those of you that were accepted, how long after the Acceptance email did you have to wait for the official grad school acceptance?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was placed on the waitlist on 11/4 and just received my acceptance from Ashley yesterday! She mentioned I'll receive official acceptance email within next few weeks.

• Like 2