2019-2020 CASPA Cycle

Guest SOSO19

Thank you for creating this thread. I submitted my CASPA on 04/29, verified 05/13. Good luck!

Edited by SOSO19

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SOSO19
1 hour ago, chrissy88 said:

Did anyone receive a confirmation from JMU about a complete application or is it just the "complete" status within the supplemental? I hope everyone's application processes are going well!!

I haven't received anything yet. I was told that they start looking at the applications August 1st. Good luck!

Guest SOSO19
1 hour ago, Riversong328 said:

You're not alone, I haven't heard anything except for the complete status on the graduate school site. 

I just checked mine and it says "Material needed" and at the bottom of the app it says GRE and evaluations not received. I'm confused because my app is verified and all the materials have been received by CASPA. Am I supposed to send my GRE report as well as the evaluations to JMU in addition to CASPA? 

2 hours ago, SOSO19 said:

I just checked mine and it says "Material needed" and at the bottom of the app it says GRE and evaluations not received. I'm confused because my app is verified and all the materials have been received by CASPA. Am I supposed to send my GRE report as well as the evaluations to JMU in addition to CASPA? 

I did the exact same thing. I originally sent my scores to the "JMU CASPA" code: 7442. BUT the correct code is for their graduate school which is code 5392.

Guest SOSO19
2 hours ago, chrissy88 said:

I did the exact same thing. I originally sent my scores to the "JMU CASPA" code: 7442. BUT the correct code is for their graduate school which is code 5392.

Oh no, I have to send it again then. Thank you so much for your help!

I misread my status and I have the same problem with the GRE scores and LOR. I emailed the PA program and they told me to email the graduate program....All info said to send the scores to 7442, including the graduate school website, and that LOR were not needed for our application. Perhaps this is just an update problem and applications have not been processed yet? If I hear back, I will also update! 

Guest SOSO19
2 hours ago, PArtnerincrime said:

Before submitting your scores again I would just double check with the program that 7442 is the only place to send your GRE scores. I will keep everyone updated when I hear back from them regarding the e-mail I just sent them on this issue. 

I have also contacted the PA program and they asked me to check with the graduate school. I was able to find this email Grad@jmu.edu this morning and I sent them an email. I will keep you all posted! 

Guest SOSO19
2 hours ago, Riversong328 said:

I misread my status and I have the same problem with the GRE scores and LOR. I emailed the PA program and they told me to email the graduate program....All info said to send the scores to 7442, including the graduate school website, and that LOR were not needed for our application. Perhaps this is just an update problem and applications have not been processed yet? If I hear back, I will also update! 

I thought my LORs were needed but if you look closely at the bottom of the application, it states

"LOR Status

Letters of Recommendation Status

Complete" 
Just look again, they might have received them already. 

Guest SOSO19
1 hour ago, McMushroom said:

🤣 I'm in the same boat! Grad School application says that my GRE is missing. I contacted the Program about it and they said it was on the Grad School's end. Eagerly waiting to see what y'all find out!

I got an email from the school today:

Good afternoon, 

I am sorry for the confusion. We are currently working on the new system, and there may be a few glitches with the checklist. If you have provided the GRE scores, letters of recommendation, etc. thru CASPA, your application is complete. The JMU application is merely supplemental as all the pertinent information must be submitted via CASPA. 

So if the application is complete and verified by CASPA, then everything is good!

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, kioconnor said:

At an info session I attended this spring the director said that they don't start going over applications/offering interviews until August 1st, so I'm not expecting to see anything until then!

Does this mean that JMU does not offer rolling admissions for the program? I haven't applied yet, but I may consider it if admissions are not rolling.

Guest SOSO19
6 hours ago, kioconnor said:

At an info session I attended this spring the director said that they don't start going over applications/offering interviews until August 1st, so I'm not expecting to see anything until then!

That's what I have been told as well but they've already sent me an email stating that they've received my app and it's being reviewed.

• 1 month later...