Chapman University: 2019-2020

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, susie1226 said:

if I haven't received any communication since the initial email when I submitted in June, do you guys think its appropriate to reach out and ask about the status of my application? it's killing me!!!!

No , I was thinking about reaching out too ! So if you do let me know what they say lol

On 9/18/2019 at 2:04 PM, jspreen said:

No , I was thinking about reaching out too ! So if you do let me know what they say lol

I called and she pretty much just said its complete and they'll let me know when they make a decision...not too much information! Felt good to know that it is complete though lol but I doubt they have many more interview dates considering they have a January start date

11 hours ago, jspreen said:

Like their selection for interviews is complete or the filling of this years cohort is complete 

I was thinking selection for interviews would probably be just about finished. She didn't say anything about it but its almost October and they've been interviewing since June, I doubt they are holding many more between now and then but thats just my thought!!

On 10/1/2019 at 11:05 PM, ln1993 said:

I’m in the same boat!! This waiting game is so anxious!! 🥴

It really is!! I went back to earlier acceptances and last year’s as well and calls were made on Tuesdays. The “thank you for interviewing” emails were also sent out Tuesdays, so fingers crossed for next week? My research is based on soft science though 😅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cotab said:

It really is!! I went back to earlier acceptances and last year’s as well and calls were made on Tuesdays. The “thank you for interviewing” emails were also sent out Tuesdays, so fingers crossed for next week? My research is based on soft science though 😅

Haha! Here's looking forward to Tuesdays ! 😆

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cotab said:

I looked back at last year's thread; it seems like that after each interview, they have a couple of people that they absolutely want and send out acceptances, and a couple of rejects. Everyone else who isn't out-right rejected or accepted seems to be tossed in a bucket that is sifted through to acceptance, wait list, or, sadly, rejected in the end. That information seems to come at the end of October. Soft science as well, but seems to be the pattern. 🙂

• Like 1