2019-2020 Cycle

12 hours ago, patriciayvette said:

I just got a call for an interview on the 26th!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to all of you who got accepted and invited for interviews! Just wondering, for those of you who have just been invited to the interview this month, when did you finalize your application? Good luck! 

Forgot to mention that I'll be in the morning section too on July 26th! 🙂

Does anyone know what type of interviews they will be doing? MMI, group, etc? Campus tour? I can't seem to find info about this anywhere, including old forums. 

Also, I'm trying to decide if I should rent a car or just call an Uber/Lyft to get to campus? I don't plan on doing a lot of sightseeing and I'm flying back home late Friday night so I won't be doing a lot of driving. Anyone flying in early on Thursday and want to ride share to the Wingate Hotel on Campus? I'll land in Charleston just before 9am. Let me know! 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KThames said:

Forgot to mention that I'll be in the morning section too on July 26th! 🙂

Does anyone know what type of interviews they will be doing? MMI, group, etc? Campus tour? I can't seem to find info about this anywhere, including old forums. 

Also, I'm trying to decide if I should rent a car or just call an Uber/Lyft to get to campus? I don't plan on doing a lot of sightseeing and I'm flying back home late Friday night so I won't be doing a lot of driving. Anyone flying in early on Thursday and want to ride share to the Wingate Hotel on Campus? I'll land in Charleston just before 9am. Let me know! 👍

During my interview, they requested that we keep the information about the interview process private. What I will tell you is that it is a very comfortable environment, and they truly want you to get a feel of if the program is a good fit for you. I didn’t approach my interview being extremely prepared with answers, so I felt very natural and honest answering the questions. They definitely make you think and want to know how your experiences have impacted you and your ability to make decisions. There is a tour of the campus as well as the facilities! The school is on a busy road, so if your plan is to just go from the hotel to campus, I would just Uber/Lyft. I’m from Charleston, so I knew I loved the area prior to being accepted. I would recommend trying to see the city if you can because Charleston Southern’s campus is kind of remote and doesn’t give a full representation of the area you could possibly be living in. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ameann1207 said:

During my interview, they requested that we keep the information about the interview process private. What I will tell you is that it is a very comfortable environment, and they truly want you to get a feel of if the program is a good fit for you. I didn’t approach my interview being extremely prepared with answers, so I felt very natural and honest answering the questions. They definitely make you think and want to know how your experiences have impacted you and your ability to make decisions. There is a tour of the campus as well as the facilities! The school is on a busy road, so if your plan is to just go from the hotel to campus, I would just Uber/Lyft. I’m from Charleston, so I knew I loved the area prior to being accepted. I would recommend trying to see the city if you can because Charleston Southern’s campus is kind of remote and doesn’t give a full representation of the area you could possibly be living in. 

Thank you for the honest reply! That must be why I can't seem to find any information 🙂 I used to live in NC when I was growing up, and visited Charleston when I was very little, but I remember loving it, which is part of the reason I applied to this program; I'm a southern girl, even though I now live out in the Midwest. Congrats on your acceptance and thank you for all of that information!

I also will be interviewing on the 26th! For those who will also be there that day, how did you find out if you are in the morning or afternoon session? I asked about the times during the call and she said that it would be decided later, and the emails would have the info. Congratulations to everyone who has already been accepted! 

For those who have already applied, interviewed or toured the school, can you give any insight on campus life/size. Also did they say anything about a cadaver lab or how they handle rotations as well or their curriculum style, any information would be very much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...