West Virginia University 2019-2020 cycle

Hey y’all I’d like to submit to WVU today as I didn’t know previously they had a program. I saw on their website the deadline to have your application verified in CASPA is 7/15. I’ve already submitted and been verified in CASPA (I believe on 7/1) for all the other programs I’m applying to, but my GRE scores wouldn’t get there for probably 10+ days. Am I too late to apply?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations!! I was accepted as well and am very excited. I am in state so this was ideal for me!

I think it was 400+ applied and 75 were interviewed! 

Dr. Momen said they would hear back after the ARC-PA has their commission meeting Sept 26-28 and that decisions would be sent out soon after.

16 hours ago, atc2prepa said:

Hey y’all I’d like to submit to WVU today as I didn’t know previously they had a program. I saw on their website the deadline to have your application verified in CASPA is 7/15. I’ve already submitted and been verified in CASPA (I believe on 7/1) for all the other programs I’m applying to, but my GRE scores wouldn’t get there for probably 10+ days. Am I too late to apply?

I would say that it’s probably too late to apply but I don’t know for sure. The best way to find out would be to call and ask. Or you could always go ahead and do it anyways. The only thing you’ll lose out on is a little bit of money! 

4 hours ago, prepastudentkb said:

I would say that it’s probably too late to apply but I don’t know for sure. The best way to find out would be to call and ask. Or you could always go ahead and do it anyways. The only thing you’ll lose out on is a little bit of money! 

I think it is too late as well. Thank you!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, maz44657 said:

Is anyone else interviewing this Thursday? I'm flying in from out of state and would love to meet up Wednesday (tomorrow) if anyone wants to get food 🙂

I interviewed yesterday! They are very nice and not intimidating at all. You can tell they're really excited about this new program and have put a lot of hard work into it! Just be yourself and good luck! 😁

• Like 1
21 hours ago, prepastudentkb said:

I interviewed yesterday! They are very nice and not intimidating at all. You can tell they're really excited about this new program and have put a lot of hard work into it! Just be yourself and good luck! 😁

If you don’t mind sharing, were the questions standard PA interview questions? Did any catch you off guard? 

I’ve received an interview offer from WVU’s PA Program and I am also a WV resident. My interview is scheduled for 8/15 9:30 AM. I will be driving up to Morgantown a day early...if anyone wants to meet up before or after interview let me know!

I am also curious as to the difficulty level of the questions that were asked at the interview (for those who have already had an interview) if the questions were pretty common or were there questions that stumped you?

It is good to hear from folks that the staff there is friendly and not intimidating

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, prepastudentkb said:

I received an email today from Dr. Momen asking me to update her on my in-progress or recently completed prereq courses. Did anyone else receive this email?

I received an email saying not to forget to update any additional experience if I would like to add any to my CASPA account but my application is complete so I am not sure if there is something I am missing or if that was just an automated email they sent to everyone just as a reminder. I wonder if anyone else got a similar email.

3 hours ago, Bskubon said:

I received an email saying not to forget to update any additional experience if I would like to add any to my CASPA account but my application is complete so I am not sure if there is something I am missing or if that was just an automated email they sent to everyone just as a reminder. I wonder if anyone else got a similar email.

It seems like it was just an automated email because I received it as well.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, prepastudentkb said:

I still haven't heard.

Same here.

if I remember correctly they said they’d have everyone organized into Accepted, Waitlisted, and Denied two weeks ago so that when they find out their status last week, theyd be able to send out emails Monday and Tuesday. So idk whatsup but hopefully we find out something by the end of the week.

Edited by nacho42
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, multiculturalmarylander said:

They've updated the information on their website; it says offers of admission will be mailed on October 15. Hopefully they'll be calling people next week to let them know.

It’s had that October 15 date on there forever now, that’s not new or updated lol. I don’t know what’s taking them so long!

Everyone that got an interview just got an email about their accreditation status and how even though they know the decision it’s not going to be “officially” released to the public until a later date...... but by telling us that they are essentially telling us they were accredited? I just wish we could figure out if we were accepted or not. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RCSMM said:

Everyone that got an interview just got an email about their accreditation status and how even though they know the decision it’s not going to be “officially” released to the public until a later date...... but by telling us that they are essentially telling us they were accredited? I just wish we could figure out if we were accepted or not. 

Yeah I just got that email. I already committed to one of my top choices so I’ve already decided that I’m not gonna play this waiting game. It really seems like it’s going to be a great program but I can’t deal with the stress of finding out 2 months before classes start and having to relocate.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, multiculturalmarylander said:
  35 minutes ago, RCSMM said:

33 minutes ago, multiculturalmarylander said:

Yeah I just got that email. I already committed to one of my top choices so I’ve already decided that I’m not gonna play this waiting game. It really seems like it’s going to be a great program but I can’t deal with the stress of finding out 2 months before classes start and having to relocate.

I agree. I understand it's not their fault but finding out 2 months before you start the program is a bit ridiculous. They should've just went with a May start date. I've also already committed to my other top choice so if I do receive an acceptance, I will be turning it down so someone else would get a chance. Good luck to all still waiting and wanting to go here. I'm sure it'll be a great program but the waiting process for it is so stressful. I hope they receive their official email notification soon! 

• Upvote 1