Class of 2015

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember them telling us at some point that they like to see at least one letter be from a PA. I'm sure there are people who get in without it, but it would probably be very helpful if you had one. Could one of the people you shadowed write you a letter?

• 3 weeks later...

One of the reasons why the program changed to rolling is that it is a headache to have only 2 interview dates and 80 invites per day. Makes for a super long day.... and it makes the process less personable. By having several dates with only 10 invites or so per day makes the interview process a little less rushed. Hopefully, we can get the best possible candidates this way. As far as a timeline, we mere students don't really have a hand in when the invites get sent out. I also don't really know if there is an advantage of getting an early invite over a late invite. Last year, the program started a more holistic approach to interview. This helps get the candidate that is the whole package. So, just make sure that you practice your interview skills with a friend/ parent/ professor. I recommend finding a prof.... so that you make yourself feel less comfortable during a practice-interview. This is likely closer to how you will feel during the interview.

One of the reasons why the program changed to rolling is that it is a headache to have only 2 interview dates and 80 invites per day. Makes for a super long day.... and it makes the process less personable. By having several dates with only 10 invites or so per day makes the interview process a little less rushed. Hopefully, we can get the best possible candidates this way. As far as a timeline, we mere students don't really have a hand in when the invites get sent out. I also don't really know if there is an advantage of getting an early invite over a late invite. Last year, the program started a more holistic approach to interview. This helps get the candidate that is the whole package. So, just make sure that you practice your interview skills with a friend/ parent/ professor. I recommend finding a prof.... so that you make yourself feel less comfortable during a practice-interview. This is likely closer to how you will feel during the interview.

I submitted my CASPA application on 19 May, and was verified on 30 May. With rolling admissions, I don't know how many interview dates UK is planning, but I would imagine that there will be quite a few. If your application made the first "mailing" from CASPA, I'm sure you'll hear something before you know it.

Archived