Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi! Submitted Caspa 6/28, verified 6/30. I got an interview for 8/5! Also I e-mailed the admission office and asked if they do traditional or MMI interviews and was told Traditional.  

Overall: 3.30

Science: 3.17

GRE: verbal-158, Quant- 156, analytical- 4.0

PCH: 2500 (outpatient medical scribe)

Volunteer: over 1000. 

I got an interview through the articulation agreement with Midwestern Downers Grove Masters of Biomedical Science Program, so they just had to confirm I met the minimum requirements and had a 3.0 in my program with them so my turn around was pretty fast.

Edited by Kdrake75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kdrake75 said:

Hi! Submitted Caspa 6/28, verified 6/30. I got an interview for 8/5! Also I e-mailed the admission office and asked if they do traditional or MMI interviews and was told Traditional.  

Overall: 3.30

Science: 3.17

GRE: verbal-158, Quant- 156, analytical- 4.0

PCH: 2500 (outpatient medical scribe)

Volunteer: over 1000. 

I got an interview through the articulation agreement with Midwestern Downers Grove Masters of Biomedical Science Program, so they just had to confirm I met the minimum requirements and had a 3.0 in my program with them so my turn around was pretty fast.

I'm interviewing 8/5 as well. Hope to see you there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hopefulpa9485 said:

Just got waitlisted for an interview 😕

Me too! I'll take that as a good thing for now! It's certainly not a rejection at least 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I just submitted my app and was told to make an account. I am not sure why I can only see 2 of my letters of rec, GRE score, or casper exam score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else interviewing on 8/6? I see a few have posted about 8/5 but none about 8/6 yet...

Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 7:54 AM, taylormorgan said:

Received an interview invite today for 8/6!

GPA: 3.82

PCE: 3000+ (scribe and PT aide)

GRE: 308

Interviewing 8/6 also! Hope to see you there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, user2917 said:

Hey guys! I just submitted my app and was told to make an account. I am not sure why I can only see 2 of my letters of rec, GRE score, or casper exam score.

When looking at my account (and I have an interview so I know it is marked complete) I only have two letters of rec and my GRE scores showing, so I think as long as you have those then you should be good! If you don't have the green check marks and you think you should I would just e-mail the admission email address (admissaz@midwestern.edu). I also got a conformation email verifying that they had all my documents. Hope this helps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of you who interviewed today-- congrats on being finished, let the rest of us know how it went! 😊

I'm interviewing this coming Monday (08/05), and I'm definitely interested in what you guys thought about the group interview format. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@goldybee I really enjoyed the group interview format! It seemed more conversational and generally less stressful than I was thinking it was going to be. It's a beautiful, very well-equipped campus. Good luck on your interview!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got waitlisted for an interview! The email says it’s a positive, but looking back at previous threads it doesn’t look like anyone ended up receiving an interview invite 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, mbartausky11 said:

@goldybee I really enjoyed the group interview format! It seemed more conversational and generally less stressful than I was thinking it was going to be. It's a beautiful, very well-equipped campus. Good luck on your interview!

how did you handle the heat during the campus tour?😬😬 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 7:24 AM, futurepagirll said:

Got waitlisted for an interview! The email says it’s a positive, but looking back at previous threads it doesn’t look like anyone ended up receiving an interview invite 🙁

Same! A little bummed but definitely better than a rejection! Stay positive!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, smithsm226 said:

how did you handle the heat during the campus tour?😬😬 

It was definitely toasty, but not intolerable. The tour guide did a good job making sure our walks between buildings were as brief as possible, and then we would stop to talk in the well-conditioned buildings. I was able to leave my suit jacket in the room where we were waiting before the interview, thankfully, so that helped too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

For those of you on the interview waitlist, I emailed MWU about how many people were on the waitlist and this is the response I got:

”Hello,

Thank you for your email and interest in our PA program. At this time there are over 150 applicants on the waitlist for interview. It is difficult to predict if applicants will be pulled from the waitlist since every cycle is different.”

Not sure how to feel about this considering I was under the impression the interview waitlist would be a “positive” result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 8:45 AM, Kdrake75 said:

When looking at my account (and I have an interview so I know it is marked complete) I only have two letters of rec and my GRE scores showing, so I think as long as you have those then you should be good! If you don't have the green check marks and you think you should I would just e-mail the admission email address (admissaz@midwestern.edu). I also got a conformation email verifying that they had all my documents. Hope this helps!

Thank you! The green check marks are there 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI my interviewer said they would be reviewing everyone who interviewed on 8/1, 8/5 and 8/6 on Thursday morning (8/8) and we could look for portal changes as soon as that afternoon...😬😬😬😬😬😬😬. I'm not sure if I love this fast turn around or am terrified by it!

By the looks of last years form if you are waitlisted your applicant check list would change, if you were accepted you would then have something under the "accepted checklist." And it seemed like last year there was a lag time between the portal change and admissions actually contacting you, I expect that will be the same this year 😀  Good luck everyone!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MY PORTAL CHANGED AND HAS AN ACCEPTED STUDENT CHECKLIST!!!! I'm literally shaking right now I'm so happy!  Check your portals!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many people they take from each month. say 25 people X 3 days = 75. if they interview for 5 months, that's 375 people. 

so to pick 90 people for the class, it's on average 18 people chosen from 75 people for each month pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More