2019-2020 application cycle

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, zpenny said:

Hey! 
Cumulative GPA 3.07

BCP GPA 3.14

HCE ~5,000 hours

volunteer - 1,200 hours 

I was a reapplicant and I did the reapplication plan thing which was super useful. Strongly recommended. 

Thank you! I have a few more questions if you don't mind. What did you do for your healthcare experience, I work as a hand therapy aide and I want to know if I should try and do something different. What did you focus on your reapplication plan. Did you try to get more experience or focused on retaking classes. What do you think made you stand out this round ?

• 3 months later...

Was anyone here accepted last cycle that was a non-resident without any ties to Oregon? If so, can you share your stats and what you believe lead you to be admitted?

I am out of state and debating whether I should apply given their strong preference for in-state applicants. I already have 14 schools I am applying to and this one was on my maybe list so I need help deciding if its worth it. I'd love to go here. 

3 hours ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Was anyone here accepted last cycle that was a non-resident without any ties to Oregon? If so, can you share your stats and what you believe lead you to be admitted?

I am out of state and debating whether I should apply given their strong preference for in-state applicants. I already have 14 schools I am applying to and this one was on my maybe list so I need help deciding if its worth it. I'd love to go here. 

I was waitlisted in spot #10, but withdrew my app to attend a different program before the cycle ended. I am a CA native with zero ties to Oregon, so it's possible to get an interview and be considered without connections.

I was a nontraditional, OHSU reapplicant, low GPAs with upward trend (3.2 science, 3.2 cumulative),  ~9,500 PCE working in clinical research, ~3500 HCE, ~170 shadowing hours (MD, PA), ~200 hours volunteering at a Free Clinic, several co-authorships on research publications. I would definitely encourage you to apply if your only hesitancy is being out-of-state! It's a great program and if you can demonstrate that you meet other aspects of their mission, you should have a shot!

19 hours ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Hi! I applied (and was accepted!) this last cycle and was a WA resident, with no ties to OR. I honestly cannot think off the top of my head my stats, but cGPA was 3.45 and sGPA was 3.5. With 3000+ hrs of experience. I personally think that both my personal statement and the OHSU specific questions had a lot to do with it. I had strong love/interest for PDX. So I think it’s worth a shot!

Best of luck! You’ll do great!