Just got my invite to interview Nov. 9th! If anyone would like to meet up prior, or after, DM me. Good luck to everyone who got interviews and my fingers crossed for those still waiting.

Congrats to everyone who has interviewed already! I was hoping someone could clarify whether the group interview is more activity-based, or if it's just a group panel interview? Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, m2399 said:

Congrats to everyone who has interviewed already! I was hoping someone could clarify whether the group interview is more activity-based, or if it's just a group panel interview? Thanks in advance!

Its more activity based with 4 interviewees total. It says activity in the email they sent but the verbiage was confusing bc I had the same question going into it. Very relaxed environment and anyone who isn’t rude will do great I’m sure. 

Hey everyone! I have my interview October 16th! So close!!! It seems like some of you have gone through the interview process. How was it? Pretty relaxed? What did you feel was more difficult? MMIs, individual or group? I do not have the strongest GPA but I have a lot of patient care hours. If you feel comfortable giving any advice, I would be more than grateful! Also, if anyone else is interviewing that day maybe we can exchange numbers and meet up that morning. Good luck to everyone! 

1 hour ago, kaylahs said:

Hey everyone! I have my interview October 16th! So close!!! It seems like some of you have gone through the interview process. How was it? Pretty relaxed? What did you feel was more difficult? MMIs, individual or group? I do not have the strongest GPA but I have a lot of patient care hours. If you feel comfortable giving any advice, I would be more than grateful! Also, if anyone else is interviewing that day maybe we can exchange numbers and meet up that morning. Good luck to everyone! 

The greatest advice I could give is to have a list of things you want the interviewers to know about you and be able to pull from that list when applicable. Everyone says just be yourself, but I think a more accurate statement is stay true to yourself and your beliefs. Think of it as dating. You don’t want to date someone that doesn’t fit with your life and doesn’t mesh well with you. So it’s okay if you are yourself and they don’t think it’s a right fit. If that’s the case then there’s probably a better fit out there that would serve you the most! Just be true to yourself and have a list of experiences you’ve been through and traits you possess. The best case scenario is leaving the interview and feeling like they know who you are. Good luck! 

Edited by Delanie
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Luna17 said:

Received a rejection letter yesterday. Good luck to all those interviewing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you receive an email or phone call or letter for same?

I submitted on July 29th, but haven't heard back anything:((

15 hours ago, Delanie said:

The greatest advice I could give is to have a list of things you want the interviewers to know about you and be able to pull from that list when applicable. Everyone says just be yourself, but I think a more accurate statement is stay true to yourself and your beliefs. Think of it as dating. You don’t want to date someone that doesn’t fit with your life and doesn’t mesh well with you. So it’s okay if you are yourself and they don’t think it’s a right fit. If that’s the case then there’s probably a better fit out there that would serve you the most! Just be true to yourself and have a list of experiences you’ve been through and traits you possess. The best case scenario is leaving the interview and feeling like they know who you are. Good luck! 

Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it. I have another question for you... what format did you find the most challenging? 

2 hours ago, kaylahs said:

Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it. I have another question for you... what format did you find the most challenging? 

MMI for sure

Hey everyone waiting to hear from OHSU - I reached out today as it marks ten weeks since submission for me. I received a response back pretty quickly stating they are behind and it will most likely take another few weeks before I hear anything back. They said that all applications will be reviewed by 11/8, so at least there is a little bit of information to soothe our worried minds. 🙂  Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Hey guys!  Current OHSU 1st year student here - I remember being in your shoes last year and checking this forum (and my email) fairly religiously this time of year.  I wanted to ease everybody's minds a little - I got flat rejected from everywhere else (didn't apply to many places), didn't receive an email invite to interview until VERY late November, interviewed on the LAST date, and here I am, a year later, taking a coffee & curiosities break from studying derm at a very good school.  So, I just wanted to say for all of you dying for a response, hang in there, try to enjoy your pre-PA life, don't let the stress of the application process eat you alive (seriously, do what you can to forget about your phone sometimes), and make some time to do things that will CONTINUE to strengthen your application in case you don't get in this year (LOTS of my classmates, and I, are re-apps).  That continuation of passion is something cool to talk about in interviews.  So, I know it's hard, but just remember that you not hearing back yet is a GOOD thing - you're still in the running!  Good luck!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hey folks!

I reached out on 10/18 because it had been over 11 weeks since I submitted (right before the deadline) and they told me to give it another two or three weeks because they were still processing applications. OHSU is my top choice and I am SO EAGER to hear back! Trying to stay on top of my stress management and near-compulsive email checking...

Fingers crossed for everyone!

57 minutes ago, Chiyoko said:

Well, I’m officially out of the running. I received a rejection email today. 

Good luck everyone!

So sorry to hear!! There will be other chances!! Did you interview there? 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:22 PM, kaylahs said:

The individual is mixed in with the MMI. I honestly like MMI style better and the morning goes by quick. Just look up sample questions and be open to whatever they throw at you! Its actually nice not having to prepare for traditional questions and just showing a little more about who you are through the MMI. 

17 minutes ago, georgiav said:

The individual is mixed in with the MMI. I honestly like MMI style better and the morning goes by quick. Just look up sample questions and be open to whatever they throw at you! Its actually nice not having to prepare for traditional questions and just showing a little more about who you are through the MMI. 

Thank you for the advice! I had my interview on the 16th and the morning does fly by. Now I wait for the word! 

21 minutes ago, Delanie said:

For those that interviewed, did anyone get an exact date of when we would hear back? 

All I remember is they said end of October/beginning of November 

I chatted with Julie and she said that the committee is potentially meeting this week or next week. The intention is to have decisions out for the first three dates by November 8.

26 minutes ago, mbarrett said:

I chatted with Julie and she said that the committee is potentially meeting this week or next week. The intention is to have decisions out for the first three dates by November 8.

Thanks so much for finding that out!! I was hoping this week, but it’ll probably be next week! 

• Like 1

I'm interviewing on 12/06/19 and I will most likely fly a day or two earlier, if anyone wants to meet up! Good luck to everyone 🙂

• Like 3