2019-2020 Application Cycle

22 hours ago, yellowmoodring said:

I was also placed on the waitlist. In my exit interview, they told me that 35 out of the 50 people in their current class were pulled from the waitlist. I wasn't told where I am on it either, but it seems like they have to pull from it quite often. Good luck to you!

Thank you!  I think there were interviews on Dec. 11th so I'm hoping to hear something soon.  Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

Hi!

Does anyone have any specific information about the clinical rotations? I know that Salus will provide housing for rotations more than 60 miles away from campus. Do most students travel this far for one or more rotations? Is it possible to have all local rotations near Philadelphia? 

Also, is it possible to commute to Salus from the city? 

Thanks!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, pastudent2022 said:

Hi!

Does anyone have any specific information about the clinical rotations? I know that Salus will provide housing for rotations more than 60 miles away from campus. Do most students travel this far for one or more rotations? Is it possible to have all local rotations near Philadelphia? 

Also, is it possible to commute to Salus from the city? 

Thanks!

Wondering the same thing about the commute from the city! I know its most convenient to have as short of a commute as possible but my boyfriend and I are considering living together to cut down on costs and save money. Any students on here with experience with this or insights? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, alyssa22 said:

I was also Waitlisted today! Does anyone know how many people are on the standby list? Is that a weird thing to ask to Admissions? 

After I sent in my standby reply form that I’d like to stay on the waitlist I got a follow up email with info about the standby list. 

On 12/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, sag5572 said:

Wondering the same thing about the commute from the city! I know its most convenient to have as short of a commute as possible but my boyfriend and I are considering living together to cut down on costs and save money. Any students on here with experience with this or insights? Thanks!

Hey guys! Current first year Salus student! Our rotations are within the 50 or 60 miles of Salus! If you suggest or want a rotation further away, they may help set up somewhere for you to live. Most people just get rotations in the Philadelphia area.    Also, there are people in our class that live in the city, but it is quite a drive. Some classes are at 8, so if you have a 45 minute drive you might have to leave at 7, but people do it! When it comes to rotations, they can be 50/60 miles from campus, so if you live in the city and your rotation is 50 miles in the opposite direction from campus, it can end up being a very long drive. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! 

2 hours ago, PAC2022 said:

I am currently on the waitlist and am anxiously hoping for a phone call.  As a current first year student is there any advice you would give to someone that will be starting their first year?

Definitely try to take some time before you start to vacation/rest if you can! You get breaks in PA school, but it’s super stressful, so try to enjoy yourself! Don’t worry about studying before the semester starts. If there’s anything you feel really worried about and it’ll make you feel better if you review the material, go ahead, but there’s no need. Everyone comes in with different strengths and weaknesses, that’s what makes the cohort successful as a whole. If you do want to do some reading/studying, do some stuff on studying tactics or something “fun” rather than trying to learn a bunch of material. You’ll learn that once you start classes! Try to spend time with family and friends, especially if the school you choose is far from home! 

Hey all - I got accepted to Salus way back in July. Amazing school and I really fell in love with it, however I will be giving up my seat if I am able to get into one of the two schools I am waitlisted at simply for proximity sake (15 min walk/drive for those vs 45 min - 1 hr drive during philly rush hour traffic for salus). I'll keep the forum posted!

Edited by lmcjam
typo

On 1/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, ctpa20 said:

Jananfan,

Are there specific study tactics that you would recommend for certain classes? Also, how does most of the class take notes? Thanks! Looking forward to Salus!

It really comes down to what works for you! I know lots of people that benefit from rewriting notes and making charts of information. That doesn’t personally work for me, I like to rewatch the lectures since they are all recorded, I watch them on 1.25 or 1.5 speed to save time, then I study PowerPoint slides. Anatomy I benefited from working with other students. And always quizlets to make sure you know the material closer to the exam. Almost everyone takes notes on their computer. Lots of people use one note, write on the powerpoints, or have a word document for notes. Hope this helps! 

10 hours ago, Jananfan said:

It really comes down to what works for you! I know lots of people that benefit from rewriting notes and making charts of information. That doesn’t personally work for me, I like to rewatch the lectures since they are all recorded, I watch them on 1.25 or 1.5 speed to save time, then I study PowerPoint slides. Anatomy I benefited from working with other students. And always quizlets to make sure you know the material closer to the exam. Almost everyone takes notes on their computer. Lots of people use one note, write on the powerpoints, or have a word document for notes. Hope this helps! 

Thanks a lot! I was trying to decide if an iPad Pro would be helpful in lectures along with my computer.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if the COVID-19 will push back the August start date for the incoming class. I'd like to put down my first month's rent but am hesitant to do so. I've read the current didactic class is online right now. Can any current students let me know if they will finish the year on time? I also realize there are unknowns involved.

Also, I've secured a 2 BR newly renovated apt. at Wyncote House which is within walking distance to Salus. Tentatively scheduled to move in Aug 1.  I'm a guy and am looking for a male roommate if possible. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any success reaching out in the FB group about a possible male roommate  to share a 2 BR at Wyncote House. It's newly renovated, washer/dryer in unit and walking distance to Salus. At this point I'm thinking there may not be too many guys in the incoming class or they don't do FB. If interested please rsvp. I've put the deposit down to secure the apt. Thanks!