Hi guys, I am set to graduate in August, but I have started looking for jobs because I want to work as soon as I can after graduation and PANCE. My current interests are Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and Hospitalist. 

I am living in Texas currently, and I am planning to stay here. But I have a hard time finding a job, most are specialty-based, on top of that, 90% requires you to have 2+ years experience. I was wondering if you guys have any tips or resources that are open to new grads. Thanks. 

As a new grad my best offer was from emailing previous preceptors - doc called HR, they had just gotten a resignation notice but hadn't posted an ad yet. I think if I had to compete with all of the other applicants, I prob wouldn't have gotten it!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PASav
      Hi All!
      First and foremost, I appreciate any and all feedback. I am a December 2019 graduate and am starting my first PA job this week (amongst the COVID crisis...perfect timing...) 
      I have, for as long as I can remember, struggled with feeling like I don't belong, am not good enough, am not smart enough, etc. and this has transformed into anxiety about being an inadequate provider. I am extremely excited to start caring for patients and I have the desire to learn as much as I possibly can, but I constantly have this nagging thought at the back of my head telling me that I am going to fail. That I'll hurt people due to lack of knowledge. That my attending and peers will think I'm dumb or that I'm not catching on quick enough. 
      For those of you who have been practicing for a while, or even if you're a new grad who has found ways to deal with this - please help! I need some reassurance that my fellow PAs have not only felt this way, but found ways to overcome it. Thanks again!
    • By StrugglingNewGrad20
      I graduated from a PA program in Michigan in August and am still struggling to find a job more than 6 months later. I live in West Michigan and have applied to over 100 jobs within an hour radius of my home. I have had only a handful of phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews during this time. I feel like I interview very well, and am unsure what else I can do to increase my chances of securing a job. I have even reached out to recruiters from nearby hospital systems with no success. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By StrugglingNewGrad20
      I graduated from a PA program in Michigan in August and am still struggling to find a job more than 6 months later. I live in West Michigan and have applied to over 100 jobs within an hour radius of my home. I have had only a handful of phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews during this time. I feel like I interview very well, and am unsure what else I can do to increase my chances of securing a job. I have even reached out to recruiters from nearby hospital systems with no success. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By magboo
      So I finally got a job at my dream hospital!! I am currently working there as a Patient Care Technician/ PCT. However, I will be leaving for PA school next year. I really want to return to this hospital and work as a PA! The problem is that getting a job at my hospital is super competitive. Is there a way for me to ensure/ increase my chances of getting a PA job in this facility in the future?

(Also, what do you guys think of requesting a absense of leave instead of quitting? Can I be able to come back to the hospital to pursue a higher position?)

Thanks in advance!
    • By quarterlengthsleeve
      New grad and wanted to ask a few questions. Most things on contract seem great but I have a few questions:
      They are offering claims made coverage with full tail, is this equivalent to occurrence coverage? 
      90k salary, 3k sign on bonus, no production bonus. Should I be getting a production bonus? If so, what is a normal %? Minimal call
      Profit sharing plan after 1 year (25%?), 4 years I'm 100%.
      Is it reasonable to ask for student loan assistance? I am not in a rural city.

Thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More