2019-2020 Wake Forest

14 hours ago, Mattie3287 said:

From looking at last years posts it seems like you won't find out until after everyone has interviewed, which should be around february

Yeah, they say it is different from a waitlist, but I figured, in all reality, it's just the same as every other program out there.

Hey all! I'm interviewing 10/21 and flying into Charlotte tomorrow morning/renting a car to get to Winston-Salem. Driving back to Charlotte to catch a flight Monday night after the interview. If anyone needs a ride from/to Charlotte, feel free to DM me with your number! Also if anyone will be in Winston-Salem on Sunday before the interview and wants to explore, let me know!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MadKat said:

If anyone has any advice on what airport to fly into, what hotels to stay at and if they ysed Uber or rented a car, please let me know!

Hi! I went to WF undergrad and will be in the PA class so I am very familiar with Winston. Greensboro (GSO) is closest but often pricier than CLT and RDU. Charlotte and Raleigh Durham airports are around the same distance to campus. There is a the Winston salem Marriott nearby as well as a Fairfield Marriott on Main street. Winston isn’t too big so nothing will be that far. If you feel like spoiling yourself the Kimpton is beautiful and has a bowling alley, basketball courts and lots of other games! As far as an uber I know they usually are somewhere near $100 from CLT and $40-50 ish from Greensboro. Renting a car may be cheaper but I’m not really sure. Make sure to go to the school of medicine on Vine St and not the undergraduate university on Wake Forest Rd! Good luck and if you have questions feel free to message me! 🙂

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MadKat said:

If anyone has any advice on what airport to fly into, what hotels to stay at and if they ysed Uber or rented a car, please let me know!

Hey! I just interviewed.
Flights: I flew into CLT (about 1hr 20 min from Winston-Salem) because it was much cheaper than raleigh-durham and a half hour closer. I didnt look into Greensboro because I figured it'd be more expensive. 

I rented a car from Alamo which was ~ $150, but I rented for two days - maybe post in here and try to coordinate with someone and share a car if they're flying into same airport? 

Hotel: Try calling the Hawthorne Inn & Conference Center - they gave me a student rate of $75 and it was pretty nice and free breakfast! Only a 7 min drive from the interview area. 

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2019 at 6:18 PM, Mattie3287 said:

From looking at last years posts it seems like you won't find out until after everyone has interviewed, which should be around february

Being waitlisted, I figured it would be a typical waitlist like other programs, but it is as they say. I just received my acceptance call today. But I called in asking how far I was up the list, and they said I was on the top half. Apparently, I was closer to the top than they said.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fegrin said:

Being waitlisted, I figured it would be a typical waitlist like other programs, but it is as they say. I just received my acceptance call today. But I called in asking how far I was up the list, and they said I was on the top half. Apparently, I was closer to the top than they said.

This is super exciting to hear. Thanks for sharing! 

8 hours ago, Fegrin said:

I was accepted from the waiting list yesterday as well!!! I’m beyond excited! For those who are on the waiting list stay positive and don’t loose hope it’s clearly moving! 

• Like 1

To those who have already been accepted:

I received my acceptance call on Thursday and my formal letter of acceptance on Friday, but I haven’t received any other information or what to do for the next steps. I haven’t put down my deposit yet, but I assumed that they would still send me any necessary forms. Do I need to put down my deposit before I receive any other documents or information on what to expect next? 

Thanks in advance! 

On 10/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, PrePA1115 said:

To those who have already been accepted:

I received my acceptance call on Thursday and my formal letter of acceptance on Friday, but I haven’t received any other information or what to do for the next steps. I haven’t put down my deposit yet, but I assumed that they would still send me any necessary forms. Do I need to put down my deposit before I receive any other documents or information on what to expect next? 

Thanks in advance! 

You need to put your deposit down. Nothing says accepted like $$$$

On 10/25/2019 at 12:04 AM, Fegrin said:

anyone know if there was an interview this week?