Sacred Heart PA Applicants 2019

On 11/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, KThames said:

I just got my acceptance call too!! I interviewed on 10/19! I'm over the moon and so excited to join this program and meet all of you next fall!! 🙂

Hi! Would you mind sharing your stats? This is my first time applying to PA school and I haven’t heard back from this program yet, so I want to see where I might stand. 

58 minutes ago, op777 said:

Hi! Would you mind sharing your stats? This is my first time applying to PA school and I haven’t heard back from this program yet, so I want to see where I might stand. 

cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.26
GRE: 313 (I know Sacred Heart doesn't require it, but they might have looked?)
HCE: 15k hours as a certified veterinary technician (some schools look at this, some don't, not sure if Sacred Heart does)
PCE: 3,900 hours as a Medical Assistant working at a free clinic for the uninsured/those in poverty (I think this is a big factor)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kinstonc said:

Congratulations, how did you prepare for your interview? 

Thank you! I just reviewed the website thoroughly, and asked myself why I'm a good fit for their mission, and their program specifically. I also reviewed what makes me a unique candidate, as well as information about the PA profession in general. I hope that helps!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KThames said:

Thank you! I just reviewed the website thoroughly, and asked myself why I'm a good fit for their mission, and their program specifically. I also reviewed what makes me a unique candidate, as well as information about the PA profession in general. I hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing!

On 11/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, KThames said:

Has anyone gotten an email yet with information about paying the deposit or sending official transcripts, etc? I was so excited when I got the phone call that I barely remember the details she told me about what comes next 🤪

Also, any info about a Facebook page?

They said that we should be getting an email this week! The non-refundable deposit is $1000 (goes towards our tuition) and the due date is November 21 (I believe)!! 

26 minutes ago, turfkid said:

I haven't heard anything back from SHU. Does anyone know if they have filled up the full class yet or will SHU be making more acceptance calls?

I have a feeling we will be hearing back after the 21st since that’s the deadline for the deposit for those that have been granted acceptance already. Maybe fill in a couple of more seats (if any are still available), & send out waitlist/rejection emails. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I was apart of the last interview group on Nov 4th. I have not heard from the admissions committee yet, but from the looks of the earlier threads they are going down their list of interviewed applicants. I really enjoyed my time interviewing at SHU. The faculty and staff are excellent. Congratulations to those who have been excepted into the program! Hopefully, I will being hearing from them soon.

• Like 1

Hi all! 

I made the difficult decision to give up my seat at Sacred Heart today because I will be attending another program. (Bittersweet because I love both programs. 😞 )  SHU is an amazing school and the faculty and staff are all wonderful! It makes my heart happy to know that giving up my spot will be life-changing for one of you (I was waitlisted last year so I know the stress of waiting! LOL!) I wish you all the best! 

• Like 4