Sacred Heart PA Applicants 2019

51 minutes ago, CCApplicantCT said:

For the interview they mentioned bringing a 2x2 passport size photo. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? Should I go to a CVS to get a photo taken or is there a way to print out my own photo as a 2x2? Any helpful tips are welcome! Thanks! 

I just went ahead and had it done at a Walgreens. I tried taking one at home but my lighting was way off. It was just simpler for me to have it done in 5 min at the store

14 minutes ago, NathanSaruriPA87 said:

Hey guys I submitted my application on September 4th and still haven't heard back from them about an interview invite or a rejection. How long would you say I have to wait to hear back from them? I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

Hi, my application was verified on 7/18 and I was invited to interview on 8/29. My interview was this past weekend on 9/21 and I didn’t hear about when the next interview day will be either. SHU is non-rolling so I’m sure there’s still a chance you’ll be invited. As to when? I’m not certain. Then again, I can’t speak for them.. just my thoughts. You can wait a little while and maybe email them..? Hope that helps!

Edited by gala9944

7 hours ago, Mari1994 said:

Also, any confirmation on the interview style? I think it's traditional, but am not 100% sure

I am trying to find out too, last years thread someone commented on that it would probably be group interview with an activity and writing assignment? I am not sure. Where did you see that is is probably a traditional interview? 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:13 AM, futurePA56 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi futurePA56- Overall: 3.1, Science: 3.4,  (Worked full time as a full time undergrad student) 23,000 direct patient care hours as an ED tech at a level 2 trauma center. 580 Shadowing hours (in hospital medicine, orthopedics, primary care and ED) 300+ volunteer hours with multiple organizations. Trained as a television reporter, worked on a successful presidential campaign.

9 hours ago, 1madmamma said:

Hi futurePA56- Overall: 3.1, Science: 3.4,  (Worked full time as a full time undergrad student) 23,000 direct patient care hours as an ED tech at a level 2 trauma center. 580 Shadowing hours (in hospital medicine, orthopedics, primary care and ED) 300+ volunteer hours with multiple organizations. Trained as a television reporter, worked on a successful presidential campaign.

Wow! Very impressive hours and background. 

47 minutes ago, Dschoenb said:

Just got approved for an interview on 10/19! Can anyone share info on interview style etc.

I can't get into full details, but honestly, have fun, interact with everyone, and be yourself. Know why you want to become a PA and why you applied to Sacred Heart. This was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've attended this cycle. The staff was extremely welcoming and nice. You'll do fine. Congrats and good luck!

I just got my email today with an invitation to interview! I'm so stoked as I was really not expecting to get invited to interview for this program, but I have family in CT and I really love the program so I'm over the moon! I emailed back to pick the morning spot on Oct 19th, just waiting for confirmation. I'll be flying in from Utah on Friday and I think I'm going to go through Newark (EWR) because it's >$200 cheaper for me, and then just rent a car and drive the 75 minutes to Stamford. So excited to meet everyone in a few weeks!! 😄 If anyone thinks they want to carpool, or meet up on Friday night let me know!

Edited by KThames

23 minutes ago, KThames said:

I just got my email today with an invitation to interview! I'm so stoked as I was really not expecting to get invited to interview for this program, but I have family in CT and I really love the program so I'm over the moon! I emailed back to pick the morning spot on Oct 19th, just waiting for confirmation. I'll be flying in from Utah on Friday and I think I'm going to go through Newark (EWR) because it's >$200 cheaper for me, and then just rent a car and drive the 75 minutes to Stamford. So excited to meet everyone in a few weeks!! 😄 If anyone thinks they want to carpool, or meet up on Friday night let me know!

Do you mind sharing when you received the “under review” email? 

15 hours ago, 1madmamma said:

Thank you for sharing!