2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Mattiebatch said:

Did they email you with information on how to get on the student portal after your application was verified?

Yes, they send you an email stating they received your CASPA application and in it, they put your Student Portal login information. 

5 hours ago, Mattiebatch said:

Cool thanks! Did it take a while for everything to show up as complete under your app status on your portal? 

No, everything was really quick. Everything was complete that same day, but I thought it was depending on if you submitted it/finished it. The people verifying your shadowing hours doesn't have to be completed either for it to show as complete, just as long as you send the requests. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

Anyone heard back from UMKC so far?

I got an email about UMKC SSO information and it gave me an ID to access Pathway. 

Thank you for your application to the University of Missouri-Kansas City.  We have assigned you a unique User Name and Student ID.

This email provides you with some very important information you can use to set your log on credentials for your Pathway account.  As an applicant, you can use your Pathway account to access your application status and to-do list. 

CASPA was verified 5/24 and I've submitted my supplemental application on 6/4. 

For anyone who has done the grad school app that you have to complete I have a question. Do we click on the 2020 Graduate Program selection or the 2019 Graduate Program selection? I clicked on the 2020 one but when asked to choose our specific degree program there is no option for "Physician Assistant" so I am a bit confused. 

39 minutes ago, hhills said:

For anyone who has done the grad school app that you have to complete I have a question. Do we click on the 2020 Graduate Program selection or the 2019 Graduate Program selection? I clicked on the 2020 one but when asked to choose our specific degree program there is no option for "Physician Assistant" so I am a bit confused. 

Having the same problem. Wondering if someone could help us....

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. Submitted the PA student portal part of the application (technical standards, shadowing, etc.) today. I also recently filled out the UMKC general app, paid the fee, and my CASPA application was verified. Anyone else know what I may be missing? Or does it take some time to have all these say complete? Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20190705-162622_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 7/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, bsulli15 said:

Hmm. Submitted the PA student portal part of the application (technical standards, shadowing, etc.) today. I also recently filled out the UMKC general app, paid the fee, and my CASPA application was verified. Anyone else know what I may be missing? Or does it take some time to have all these say complete? Thanks in advance

It takes some time for it to show as complete, at least mine did. 

21 hours ago, ap1010 said:

It takes some time for it to show as complete, at least mine did. 

I can also go ahead and confirm that it took some time for it to all show up as complete for me. Maybe about a week or less than that?

I submitted mine 06/04 and only the tech standards and letter of references show as complete.

General University App fee was paid 06/01 so not sure what else to do. 

Has anyone emailed them about it?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, JennyMo said:

Will you please share information of how your interview went, types of questions etc. 

UMKC has not interviewed applicants yet.  They spend 2 days interviewing (correct me if I’m wrong) 80 candidates for 20 seats. Generally, around 20-25% of those seats are filled by out of state applicants (2018 class profile had 5 out of state acceptances). 

They utilize MMA format (according to the portal). There are a few core topics that most MMA questions revolve around, so as long as you are familiar with those, it should be smooth sailing! UMKC is a difficult school to get into due to the limited number of seats available. 

12 hours ago, Kansas57 said:

UMKC has not interviewed applicants yet.  They spend 2 days interviewing (correct me if I’m wrong) 80 candidates for 20 seats. Generally, around 20-25% of those seats are filled by out of state applicants (2018 class profile had 5 out of state acceptances). 

They utilize MMA format (according to the portal). There are a few core topics that most MMA questions revolve around, so as long as you are familiar with those, it should be smooth sailing! UMKC is a difficult school to get into due to the limited number of seats available. 

Where would I be able to find the core topics that most MMA questions revolve around?

Thank you!

On 9/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, JennyMo said:

Where would I be able to find the core topics that most MMA questions revolve around?

Thank you!

From my experience, most MMI interview questions are more realistic and therefore, “impossible to prepare for.” In other words, MMI questions are tough to prepare for because its designed to imitate how you would act with a patient and to judge your conduct. They measure your interpersonal skills more than other types of interviews do by asking you situational questions.  One thing that they will never expect you to know are in-depth medical laws (exception- you should know very basic HIPAA laws). 

Just be friendly, professionally composed, and most importantly, know your application well. It’s not hard, in fact, it’s kind of fun. Just enjoy getting to meet people and the rest of the day will be a breeze. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...