Jump to content
Leah37

Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

hi everyone! was wondering if anyone knew the interview process for rutgers? i know the medical school was heavy on MMIs (or so a friend of mine says), but i thought the schools would tell you if there would be MMI-style interview questions? anyone know what to expect?

best of luck to everyone interviewing this week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, nourcee said:

dont think like that! they've been emailing people w/ their rejections, so no news is sometimes good news! I've also heard after they schedule the first few weeks of interviews, they hold off inviting more for interviews until they get a feel for how many more invites they should send. it may just be that since the first round of interviews begins next week, they won't be contacting that many people until after its over. best of luck!!

Oh wow! I did not know that. Thanks so much for letting me know! Still hopeful that I’ll hear something good soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, nourcee said:

hi everyone! was wondering if anyone knew the interview process for rutgers? i know the medical school was heavy on MMIs (or so a friend of mine says), but i thought the schools would tell you if there would be MMI-style interview questions? anyone know what to expect?

best of luck to everyone interviewing this week!

Rutgers is not MMI style. They have an interview panel for each interviewee composed of faculty members and current students. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys - just wondering since they are so quick for interviews etc, if it is worth applying at this point?  I can probably submit my CASPA application by the end of the week. Thanks! 

Edited by LaurenAutry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LaurenAutry said:

Hi guys - just wondering since they are so quick for interviews etc, if it is worth applying at this point?  I can probably submit my CASPA application by the end of the week. Thanks! 

I applied last cycle on the last possible day before the deadline and I received an interview. I didn't get in but the fact that they were still conducting interviews means you have a shot. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else receive this from them? Hoping it's good news.

 

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

We will contact you again as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarahf1234 said:

Anyone else receive this from them? Hoping it's good news.

 

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

We will contact you again as soon as possible.

I got the same email!! hoping for the best. fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it okay to email them updates? I just completed Biochemistry and added some clinical hours. I didn't see anything in their email or on their site about not contacting them regarding updates. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/10/2019 at 1:58 PM, dmendez1 said:

Just preparing myself for anything. Knowing why i wanted to apply , my reasons for becoming a PA, etc. 

How did the interview go? Have you received your acceptance call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lynn96981 said:

 

How did the interview go? Have you received your acceptance call?

It  went well ! I don’t think anybody has heard anything just yet. Everything is up in the air at this point. 

Edited by dmendez1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmendez1 said:

It  went well ! I don’t think anybody has heard anything just yet. I don’t think anybody has heard anything just yet  Everything is up in the air at this pointEverything is up in the air at this point

Awesome, glad it went well! Were the faculty nice and inviting? I hope you hear back soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, Alyno94 said:

Interview set for 7/16! If anyone would like to meet up the night before to calm the nerves and see a familiar face on interview day feel free to reach out! 

Best of luck to everyone! 

Hey, how did the interview go? Can you share some of the experience? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lynn96981 said:

Awesome, glad it went well! Were the faculty nice and inviting? I hope you hear back soon!

Thank you and yes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just following up to see if anyone that interviewed on the 16th has heard anything back or if they know when we're supposed to hear back? Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laurenm15 said:

Just following up to see if anyone that interviewed on the 16th has heard anything back or if they know when we're supposed to hear back? Thanks!

 

I was told at any moment. It could be days, weeks, or months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, denkuf said:

Hey, how did the interview go? Can you share some of the experience? 

they try really hard to make you feel comfortable, i wouldnt stress too much about it if i were you! we were told by faculty and students most people who interview early on are put on waitlists so that they can get a feel for the other applicants before making up their mind, but its not a waitlist that reflects all the seats being filled already, so its not a death sentence. good luck!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nourcee said:

they try really hard to make you feel comfortable, i wouldnt stress too much about it if i were you! we were told by faculty and students most people who interview early on are put on waitlists so that they can get a feel for the other applicants before making up their mind, but its not a waitlist that reflects all the seats being filled already, so its not a death sentence. good luck!

Agreed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nourcee said:

they try really hard to make you feel comfortable, i wouldnt stress too much about it if i were you! we were told by faculty and students most people who interview early on are put on waitlists so that they can get a feel for the other applicants before making up their mind, but its not a waitlist that reflects all the seats being filled already, so its not a death sentence. good luck!

Thanks a lot for sharing. Wish you the best of luck as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 11:15 AM, GeorgeA said:

Does anyone know how their anatomy is taught? Cadaver dissection?

We supplement lectures with prosected cadavers and an anatomage table. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More